Boom/Bust

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Voracek I think has the potential to be a franchise player

Almost anyone in the top five of most drafts, has that potential. Voracek is one of the safest picks in that range. Somewhat lower potential than Kane, Turris or Cherepanov, but is so well rounded that he is the least likely among the top forwards of busting.

toshiro

Jun 14, 2005
Western Canuckland
I have seen Gillies play many times. Early in the season I saw him score 2 beautiful goals one on a breakaway then he didnt produce. If he grows into his body he could become a power forward. If not a big strong 4th line energy player

Knight444

Apr 17, 2007
Kane is a potential bust for the reason that he has to be a top two line player, or he's basically useless. In other words, if it turns out he's not strong enough to fight through checks and get to the net at the NHL level, he may have a very short career. He'll never be a checking line player (like some fallen stars become), and his defensive game is nowhere near where it needs to be for him to play in the NHL.

I've said before I wouldn't pick him in the top ten for this very reason. Gagner is a much safer pick because he does more things well, has a better frame that is more conducive to adding weight, and has a higher hockey IQ.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
It's gonna be a crapshoot this year I think, but I'll just say that after seeing Kane walk all over my Attack this season (and in the playoffs), that he is the best player on London (he leads the offense, however Kostitsyn is a solid two way wonder), and when he has the puck, he does so many things well. He does get physical occasionally, and I wouldn't consider him a defensive liability at all.

But, if you guys all see something I don't, and he seems to be such a potential bust, could he end up being like a Geoff Sanderson at his basement? One dimensional guy who has a solid one dimension but gets scratched when that dimension is gone?

I would pick him #1 if I had the pick, but to take him over some of the other talents would be tough, because anybody has that potential to be a franchise player, but the potential to be horra-awful, like Geoff Sanderson.

And I agree with another poster, Schremp is probably the biggest boom/bust prospect in the NHL right now. It'll be interesting to see if he pans out.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Voracek...Turris and Van Riemsdyk have the most potential of being the main booms of this draft...with Alzner following them closely...

i dont agree. only one of those guys i agree with is turris. the other ones are safe picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad