Books: Book(s) you are Currently Reading | Part 3

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
91vUJIE-Z4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Graphic novel depiction of revolutionary philosophers & scientists of the 1600s..

whitez

Jul 8, 2023
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, great book. I want to write essay about this book. Luckily I found where to buy a term paper at fastessay.com/buy-term-papers.html. They will help me to finish this essay quickly and at high level. This is cheap papers service for grammar check and proofreading. I think such writing services are great option for college students.

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
I like the cover art on this..
Interesting to me that the authors chose 'millenial' as the prime description of their mobster subjects.
I assume the recent Canadian story arc (on organized crime) is similar to America's(?)
As Italian gangsters aged out, and/or were aggressively prosecuted by RICO prosecutions.. newer, Third World gangs have filled the organized crime vacuum. I remember this happened in NYC. Giuliani seriously disassembled the mafia.. then in came more vicious gangs from Central America, Haiti, etc. But, maybe Canada's situation is different?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, great book. I want to write essay about this book. Luckily I found where to buy a term paper at fastessay.com/buy-term-papers.html. They will help me to finish this essay quickly and at high level. This is cheap papers service for grammar check and proofreading. I think such writing services are great option for college students.
"great option" for being kicked out of your literature class (and possibly your school) for submitting non-original work. :whatever:

Reactions: Primary Assist

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
61v0IsIDJsL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

I got this one strictly for "English Traits". Which is Emerson's take on England and the English people. It's a section that runs about 170 pages, and is broken in to small chapters.. Land, Manners, Character, Stonehenge, etc.
Are you going to read "Nature"?

Babe Ruth

Feb 2, 2016
71oFQhR3eyL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

Cool (auto)biography. I'm 60 pages in, and he seemed to have a very healthy, and in many ways, ordinary childhood and young adulthood.. who knew.
I always remember him first as 'Willie' on V. But Freddy is the icon.

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Ralph Waldo Emerson: The Major Prose

This is an anthology put together by an editor in 2015. I took it out from the library to read the essay "Nature" (56 pages), but I may read "Self-reliance" (23 pages) after that. So far, it's eloquent and powerful. It almost sounds like a very good sermon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad