Bonino vs Cogliano

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Hey Ducks fans,

I'm curious how you think the arrival of Kesler will impact Cogliano and Bonino and wonder which player holds more trade value.

I also wonder which player you think will point up more points next year.

Very jealous of your team. You guys will be good for a long time. Gibson looks amazing.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I think it'll depend on the role that Bonino gets in Vancouver. If he gets some decent ice time on the PP and with some of the Vancouver talent, I think he will outscore Cogs. Cogliano doesn't really compare to Bonino in terms of role on the team, so not sure comparing them via points is really fair to either player.

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA
Do you mean how will it impact Bonino now that he's on the Canucks? For Cogliano I don't think his game will change. If he's on Kesler's line that could be a great heart & soul shut down 2-way line. As for who holds more trade value as individual players i'd say lets see how Bones plays this year. We all know what Cogs brings even without scoring. Bonino is a beast coming off a career year. It's yet to be seen how he follows it up with new teammates. I think he'll be as good a replacement as they can find at the moment after trading Kesler. Best case scenario Bo Horvat turns out to be a 2C and Bonino is a perfect 3C imo.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Hey Ducks fans,

I'm curious how you think the arrival of Kesler will impact Cogliano and Bonino and wonder which player holds more trade value.

I also wonder which player you think will point up more points next year.

Very jealous of your team. You guys will be good for a long time. Gibson looks amazing.

How will the arrival of Kesler impact Bonino in any way? Bonino isn't a Duck anymore.

Or do you mean this:

Do you mean how will it impact Bonino now that he's on the Canucks?

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
bones probably has more trade value and is overall a better player, but no one gives more hustle than cogs. The guy is just a straight warrior who gives it all every shift

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
bones probably has more trade value and is overall a better player, but no one gives more hustle than cogs. The guy is just a straight warrior who gives it all every shift

I think Cogliano > Bonino.

I felt we sold very high on Bonino.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Cogs is better than Bonino. He plays against tougher competition and has a more proven track record than Bonino. I also have much more confidence in Cogliano being able to replicate his scoring totals.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Cogs is better than Bonino. He plays against tougher competition and has a more proven track record than Bonino. I also have much more confidence in Cogliano being able to replicate his scoring totals.

Yup. He's hovered around 30-40 points for pretty much his whole career, while Bonino has only 1 season where he scored more than 18 points (albeit he hasn't played as many full seasons as Cogs). If I have to bet on one of them to replicate their point totals, I'd go with Cogs.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
How will the arrival of Kesler impact Bonino in any way? Bonino isn't a Duck anymore.

Or do you mean this:
yeah, sorry for the confusion. I meant how Kesler will impact Cogliano and which player you think is better between Bonino and Cogliano.

Whenever I type on my phone I always make mistakes.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Bonino is better offensively (mostly due to his success on the PP), Cogs is a better PKer, is better at generating scoring chances and is more capable of playing on a shut down line.

I'd say Kesler and Cogs are likely going to be linemates. 20 goals from Cogs again isn't too far fetched.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Bonino can flourish in Vancuver... on PP, center, or wing. I dont think its out of the rralm for him to out up 60 pts if he is given key icetime. Infact, he might score at a similar clip to kesler. Only difference being, kesler probably elevating his line and linemates a bit more than bonino.

Cogs... 20 goals. Key PK time.

Despite popular belief... Cogs is not playing center...

I dont know if cogs is a lock for the Kesler line. I think he might be still on the 3rd line. Without that, you end up with a void of 'veterans' on that line.

Plus, frankly, throwing out a rested 3rd line after the 1st and 2nd maximizes Cogs and his speed in catching opponents tired or changing lines.... an attribute unnecessary 9n the 2nd line if Etem and Silf are winging Kesler.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Bonino can flourish in Vancuver... on PP, center, or wing. I dont think its out of the rralm for him to out up 60 pts if he is given key icetime. Infact, he might score at a similar clip to kesler. Only difference being, kesler probably elevating his line and linemates a bit more than bonino.

Cogs... 20 goals. Key PK time.

Despite popular belief... Cogs is not playing center...

I dont know if cogs is a lock for the Kesler line. I think he might be still on the 3rd line. Without that, you end up with a void of 'veterans' on that line.

Plus, frankly, throwing out a rested 3rd line after the 1st and 2nd maximizes Cogs and his speed in catching opponents tired or changing lines.... an attribute unnecessary 9n the 2nd line if Etem and Silf are winging Kesler.

I think people are confusing that Cogs is still a center, hence the comparison to Bones, who is a center. Kesler was brought in to replace Bonino. Those are the players you should be comparing.

As for Cogs playing with Kesler, Bruce actually has said he envisions an SKC line. SKC is Silf-Kesler-Cogs. All three are defensively responsible. So he sees what has happened before when you put three defensively responsible together a la Winnik-Koivu-Cogs.

That would make our third line our energy line. All I know of that line is that Rakell would be centering it.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
Do you have a link with BB saying that? I know it's the most popular theorized line, but I didnt know Bruce came out and said that.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Heres an interview of Bruce saying he likes the thought of a line with Cogs-Kesler- Silfverberg

No surprise because the Ryan Kesler line should be the Ducks shutdown line to stop opposing teams top scoring line from scoring and you want the best possible players for that and it is Andrew Cogliano and Jakob Silfverberg on the wings because they are best defensively.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Am I the only one who doesn't see this amazing defensive ability in Silfverberg? I mean he's adequate in his own end but he doesn't excel the way a Winnik or Cogliano does.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Am I the only one who doesn't see this amazing defensive ability in Silfverberg? I mean he's adequate in his own end but he doesn't excel the way a Winnik or Cogliano does.
I agree his defense is a little overrated, but he's still probably the best of what's left.

And his defense is less overrated than Etem's or DSP's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad