Movies: No Time to Die

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So not sure what happened with Idris Elba, but it sounds like Robb Stark/Richard Madden is now in leading contention for the role?

As was discussed earlier in this thread, I find it hard to believe he's been in serious consideration for the role due to his age. If they want a long term Bond, the actor needs to be between 30-40 years of age.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As was discussed earlier in this thread, I find it hard to believe he's been in serious consideration for the role due to his age. If they want a long term Bond, the actor needs to between 30-40 years of age.

That's probably part of the holdup. I assume signing on to be Bond isn't a one-time deal.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Didn't Elba also shoot it down pretty quickly?

There's probably little upside for him to take the gig. He already has a fair amount of star power, so it's not the career bump that others have received. It's also a physically demanding gig that is not the most challenging as an actor.

Plus, with where we are at with social media, he would be barraged by people that don't approve of the casting.

Richard Madden seems like the ideal casting for the franchise. As much as I'd like it to, the Bond franchise is not looking to stir things up too much, so a younger British actor who is credible as a leading action star, but not so well known that audiences will have trouble disassociating him from previous roles.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Elba has always enjoyed stoking the fire on social media about Bond, but if I recall in an interview about 6 months back he said it's not happening.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Madden looks like the babyface assassin. Only drawback is that he's only 5'9".

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Interesting. He's certainly got the chops. It would be fun to watch someone who's played so many villains over the years play that role. The whole time watching I'd probably be like, "Hm, not sure if I 100% trust Bond," which might actually enhance the experience :laugh:

Reactions: Kurtz

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just don't see Cillian Murphy as Bond.

I just don't think he has the charm to play him.

He is a good actor, but he is kind of creepy looking imo. lol

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
There's a interesting/nasty rumour going around that both Craig's Bond and Madeleine will be killed off with a car bomb at the end of the movie (after they get married), and that a new Bond will be introduced. Apparently that Bond and 007 are actually just "codenames" for the best secret agent in MI6.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
There's a interesting/nasty rumour going around that both Craig's Bond and Madeleine will be killed off with a car bomb at the end of the movie (after they get married), and that a new Bond will be introduced. Apparently that Bond and 007 are actually just "codenames" for the best secret agent in MI6.

Thatd be dumb. We don’t need to see that happen in order to have a new bond

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So with a new Christopher Nolan movie slated for a 2020 release, is he still rumored to be involved in a Bond movie?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So with a new Christopher Nolan movie slated for a 2020 release, is he still rumored to be involved in a Bond movie?

No, the thread title is from way way back.

I think it’s only a matter of time before both he and McQuarrie direct one though.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm a big fan of Cillian Murphy but he is not a Bond "type". Just keep on with Peaky Blinders, which I prefer to Bond anyways, and leave Bond to a more classically handsome actor.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Full cast announcement:

Rami Malek, fresh from his Oscar-winning turn in Bohemian Rhapsody and rumoured as the main villain for some time, was officially confirmed, alongside Lea Seydoux, reprising her role as Dr. Madelaine Swann from the previous Bond outing Spectre, plus Ben Whishaw who returns as Q, Ralph Fiennes as M and Naomie Harris as Miss Moneypenny. Also returning are Spectre's Rory Kinnear and Jeffrey Wright, who appeared in Quantum of Solace, while newcomers include Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049), Billy Magnussen (Game Night), Dali Benssalah, Lashana Lynch (Captain Marvel) and David Dencik (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy).

Last edited:

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Here’s the official synopsis:
Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.​

New ‘Bond 25’ Details Revealed and Cast Confirmed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad