OT: Bombers 2021 Season - Elk Meat = Delicious. 6-1. Hunting Big Game next v Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
5nhk7m.jpg

Reactions: kanadalainen

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Did you know Cornelius has a strong arm? His receivers need to adjust to the fastball……well our DBs had no problem catching it!
Great game! Bombers are fun.
Oh and how could I forget, Wilder flexing every three plays makes me enjoy this win that much more :)
Cornelius did a few good things but TSN was trying way too hard to hike a storyline with him. Overall he had a pretty poor game, although maybe one could categorize it as average given the circumstances. I don’t think he’s that great.

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Gotta say I was wrong about DeAndre Alford. Hes really settle in well last couple weeks and was rewarded with the pick 6 last night.

Be nice to have a conversation about getting Briggs and Gauthier off the defense though. They dont have any business there, keep them on ST where they excel.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
New kicker (not going to bother learning his name at this point) sucks but he is still a large improvement over Leggs. I feel we have been lied to about Leggs or he is injured. Leggs is not even an option outside 40 at this point and should NEVER be put in for an extra point. New guy at least has a strong leg and even in his misses he was consistent. To me there is hope that it's a small adjustment can make him work.

Leggs did have a couple real good punts.

Adams was great! Collaros just needs to get the ball to him.

Demski had a good game would have liked to get the ball in his hands more.

I though Bailey was fantastic. Not just receiving but being the lead block on a pass out to Adams. Bailey pushed his man back 15 yards. I Really like this guy.

Defense was really good. Outside of the sexy interceptions and Bighill's TD I really liked how they swarmed to the ball. The play where the Elks completed the pass, 1st db hits him back, 2nd player comes in to finish the tackle and punched out the ball, and a 3rd player comes in to recover the fumble. That was some spectacular defense.

As you can tell by reading the comments here through out the game the team can use a little consistency but damn this team is good. They are really undervalued if you are into gambling. One point favorites in the Banjo Bowl and only 6.5 favorites against a first time starter this week. Can't wait to bet on them again!

Buck Pierce is looking like a great OC. He learned a lot from PLP and is looking great. I cant wait to see how this offense opens up as the season goes on. I'm confident Buck has some tricks up his sleeve for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: FonRiesen

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I don't quite get the hate on the Elks QB. It was his first start and he has a rocket of an arm. He made a few dumb decisions but what do you expect when the coach has him throw 33 times in his first game. Wilder is a beast and only has 14 carries averaging 5 yards. Whoever the Elks OC is had a very poor game plan.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
New kicker (not going to bother learning his name at this point) sucks but he is still a large improvement over Leggs. I feel we have been lied to about Leggs or he is injured. Leggs is not even an option outside 40 at this point and should NEVER be put in for an extra point. New guy at least has a strong leg and even in his misses he was consistent. To me there is hope that it's a small adjustment can make him work.

Leggs did have a couple real good punts.

Adams was great! Collaros just needs to get the ball to him.

Demski had a good game would have liked to get the ball in his hands more.

I though Bailey was fantastic. Not just receiving but being the lead block on a pass out to Adams. Bailey pushed his man back 15 yards. I Really like this guy.

Defense was really good. Outside of the sexy interceptions and Bighill's TD I really liked how they swarmed to the ball. The play where the Elks completed the pass, 1st db hits him back, 2nd player comes in to finish the tackle and punched out the ball, and a 3rd player comes in to recover the fumble. That was some spectacular defense.

As you can tell by reading the comments here through out the game the team can use a little consistency but damn this team is good. They are really undervalued if you are into gambling. One point favorites in the Banjo Bowl and only 6.5 favorites against a first time starter this week. Can't wait to bet on them again!

Buck Pierce is looking like a great OC. He learned a lot from PLP and is looking great. I cant wait to see how this offense opens up as the season goes on. I'm confident Buck has some tricks up his sleeve for us.
I thought Buck Pierce did a good job - I liked his play call selection overall, and they handled Edmonton's blitzes fairly well. He has the offense looking well-prepared.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't quite get the hate on the Elks QB. It was his first start and he has a rocket of an arm. He made a few dumb decisions but what do you expect when the coach has him throw 33 times in his first game. Wilder is a beast and only has 14 carries averaging 5 yards. Whoever the Elks OC is had a very poor game plan.
He looked decent and has potential. I was more poking fun at the commentators constantly talking about his arm, it was relentless and I like Suitor more than most people.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
He looked decent and has potential. I was more poking fun at the commentators constantly talking about his arm, it was relentless and I like Suitor more than most people.

It was mostly this. Youd think the guy was Patrick Mahomes the way they were going on about him.

And just a point poor decision making has always been the knock on that guy, he cost his XFL team games because of picks.

Damn.

I came here looking for decent recipes for Elk meat. Coelacanth (roasted, fried, put it in a stew) every day is becoming a bit much.

Haha. I am going this week to pick up some Elk for the tailgate before the game when Edmonton comes here.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
La Police proving once again why he should never be a HC in the CFL

Nichols and Davis as your QB’s, seriously,,,,:help:

Reactions: bustamente

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Poor CFL, what a sad night in Ottawa, no fans in stands, embarrassingly bad officiating, terrible TSN broadcast with Rod Slack, terrible teams with awful QB’s, Nichols can’t even complete a 2 yard pass

tried watching but it was just sad all around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad