OT: Bombers 2021 Season - Elk Meat = Delicious. 6-1. Hunting Big Game next v Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrywpg

Nov 17, 2011
Ticket sales for Thursday look sluggish vs the Roughriders' opener. I wonder if it has more to do with the restrictions or general overall attitude of the population (or some version of both).

If you think that's sluggish look at the Goldeyes home opener tonight.
Sam Katz must be thinking - why did I sink so much cash into them playing all their games on the road the last seasons

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not loving the look of this injury report

One thing to remember is this is year 1 of CFL having daily injury reports. I dont think Harris practiced at all basically in the 2nd half of 2019.

Not saying its great but its not unheard for nfl players (where theyve done this for years), particularly veterans, to be listed as dnp or limited all week then 100% at gametime.

There is serious concern about Harris and Adams availability this week. Jefferson who knows.

Reactions: jetsforever

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Bad news today on the injury front. As rumoured both RB Andrew Harris and WR Darvin Adams ruled out for Game 1.

Note that Jefferson is on the roster. However as I found out today the rosters are actually 45 players. 44 active and 1 scratch. The 45 man Bombers game day roster includes 21 Canadians, 20 Americans, 2 QBs, and 2 Globals. Which means that the scratch is likely a Canadian or Global unless Jefferson or an American has a set back. Not having the extra as an American though generally means the team is confident all Americans on this roster will dress.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Bad news today on the injury front. As rumoured both RB Andrew Harris and WR Darvin Adams ruled out for Game 1.

Note that Jefferson is on the roster. However as I found out today the rosters are actually 45 players. 44 active and 1 scratch. The 45 man Bombers game day roster includes 21 Canadians, 20 Americans, 2 QBs, and 2 Globals. Which means that the scratch is likely a Canadian or Global unless Jefferson or an American has a set back. Not having the extra as an American though generally means the team is confident all Americans on this roster will dress.

Ti-Craps are down Adeleke, Laurent and Addison as well. So at least both teams are reeling from the injury bug.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kyrie Wilson being out is a huge loss as well. Personally I think he was better than Bighill in 2019.

If theres one thing the Bombers seem to consistently find south of the border, its LBs. Rocquemore is a guy to watch, reports on him have been really great.

Your right though in that apparently Rocquemore is a converted safety so run defense would be my concern with no Nevis, no Wilson, and an aging Bighill. However TiCats havent really had much of a run game last few years.

None

Feb 22, 2012
If theres one thing the Bombers seem to consistently find south of the border, its LBs.

I somewhat agree but they've definitely struggled to fill the middle. The outside linebackers have been great during the same timespan with guys like Ian Wild and Marcellus Bowman great at Will/WLB and guys like Hefney, Leggett, and Alexander playing more of the dimeback/SLB position all being solid. They were adamant in trying to run a Canadian down the middle after Henoc Muamba's incredible couple seasons here, but Hurl and Labbé were not Muamba. But even prior to Muamba, the last truly great MLB we had was Barrin Simpson.

Wilson's not as flashy as Santos-Knox was but I think Wilson-Bighill is probably the best linebacking duo currently in the league.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
.............and so begins defense of the Grey Cup, on paper the Bombers look very strong, missing Harris will hurt but it's a great chance to see what Oliveira and Augustine can do, db's will be tested, dl will eat.

E79FiI2XsAgQcLb

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wonder how many of those injuries are just straight up because pretty much all of these guys haven't played organized football in a year and a half

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Hamilton has a lot of rookies generally and a really inexperienced OL. Surprised they are road favourites.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hamilton has a lot of rookies generally and a really inexperienced OL. Surprised they are road favourites.

Top RB and WR out for the Bombers, odds makers will always weigh that heavily. Ti-Cats are also apparently the odds favourites to win the Grey Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad