OT: Bombers 2021 Season - Elk Meat = Delicious. 6-1. Hunting Big Game next v Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I know a Bomber STH who is fully vaccinated but won't be going to games because he thinks "vaccine passports" are discriminatory and violate the privacy of his medical records so he refuses to get one. I would ask him if he also plans to opt out of the vaxxine lottery because if he won he would have to accept having his name publicized, but I won't because it would just set him off on another rant. :laugh:

à chacun son goût, as they say.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Really? This is the first game since 2019 after winning a cup. It'll be a full f***ing house.
It’s on a Thursday and we’ll already be down people without the vaccine, and people like @nobody imp0rtant’s amigo (sorry, you said you “know” him, never claimed him to be your friend).

Anyway, the attendance should be good but I wouldn’t bet on a sellout.

Reactions: nobody

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It’s on a Thursday and we’ll already be down people without the vaccine, and people like @nobody imp0rtant’s amigo (sorry, you said you “know” him, never claimed him to be your friend).

Anyway, the attendance should be good but I wouldn’t bet on a sellout.
People are starved for an event... even without the GC rematch this would be a sellout

Reactions: kanadalainen

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
People are starved for an event... even without the GC rematch this would be a sellout

You would think, but I'm not so sure. Valour FC has opened up to two thousand fans and to my eyes it doesn't look like they've pulled in anywhere close to that. Nice summer days, pent up demand, loads of room to be at the game safely without having to be near any other people, a first place team... you'd think the tickets would get snapped up given that Valour was drawing over 5,000 a game in year one. But that hasn't happened.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I know a Bomber STH who is fully vaccinated but won't be going to games because he thinks "vaccine passports" are discriminatory and violate the privacy of his medical records so he refuses to get one. I would ask him if he also plans to opt out of the vaxxine lottery because if he won he would have to accept having his name publicized, but I won't because it would just set him off on another rant. :laugh:

à chacun son goût, as they say.

I know someone who bought Bomber ST after being on the fence specifically because you had to be vaccinated and he wanted to get out and see people safely. Anecdotal evidence is garbage is my point.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You would think, but I'm not so sure. Valour FC has opened up to two thousand fans and to my eyes it doesn't look like they've pulled in anywhere close to that. Nice summer days, pent up demand, loads of room to be at the game safely without having to be near any other people, a first place team... you'd think the tickets would get snapped up given that Valour was drawing over 5,000 a game in year one. But that hasn't happened.

Comparing Valour to Bombers is a little like comparing Winnipeg Ice to the Jets. Hard to make any comparaison.

As LadyJet said id expect a sellout or close for the GC rematch/banner raising game. Banjo bowl is always a sellout obviously. The other 5, yeah i doubt they are above average (27-30k). But thats ok.

Reactions: thereturn

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Comparing Valour to Bombers is a little like comparing Winnipeg Ice to the Jets. Hard to make any comparaison.

I must be one of the more rabid fans then because I went to see MJHL hockey the moment I had the chance last fall and I was surprised that there weren't more people out. I did the same thing for Valour and I was shocked when there were only about a thousand people out on a beautiful day to watch an entertaining game. :laugh:

Needless to say I'll be out to watch the Bombers :thumbu:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I must be one of the more rabid fans then because I went to see MJHL hockey the moment I had the chance last fall and I was surprised that there weren't more people out. I did the same thing for Valour and I was shocked when there were only about a thousand people out on a beautiful day to watch an entertaining game. :laugh:

Needless to say I'll be out to watch the Bombers :thumbu:

Not everyone considers a heat wave to be a "beautiful day". Especially if the sun is beating down on them. YMMV.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I got stonewalled by ticketmaster. By time I got in only the expensive seats were left.

I thought maybe with the vaccination requirement and general uneasiness about big crowd that I could snag a couple of the decent seats but alas.

Oh well, I'll just go to a game later in the year. No harm done

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I got stonewalled by ticketmaster. By time I got in only the expensive seats were left.

I thought maybe with the vaccination requirement and general uneasiness about big crowd that I could snag a couple of the decent seats but alas.

Oh well, I'll just go to a game later in the year. No harm done

That sucks but i am glad to hear tickets are flying off the shelf.

In bad news DB/LB Mercy Maston suffered a season ending archilles injury. Injuries are gonna be craxy this year it seems. He was a late season pickup in 2019 and quickly grabbed an important role that was likely to be expanded upon this season. To bad.

They've gone out and traded rookie import OL Terry Poole (who from what i gather was the odds on favourite to be the #3 tackle) to Argos for veteran import DB Alden Darby. Darby has played 3 years with the Argos, well see how he fits in here.

Reactions: jetsforever

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah definitely a glass half full type of thing.

I couldn't get tickets but that means there's enough of a demand that people still care. So that's good to see at least

Reactions: jetsforever

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
I thought about going, but man, I really don’t trust that everyone in that place is going to be fully vaccinated if the health check at the movies was any indication. I watched a movie last night and they scanned my QR code. I had my ID ready for them to look at, just to confirm that the code belonged to me, but they didn’t even ask for it. There’s nothing that would stop a non-vaxxer from using someone else’s screenshot of their QR code to get into the game

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If I were going to the game i'd probably still wear a mask.

I'm fully vaccinated but being so doesn't outright prevent you from getting COVID. Too many morons in this world to trust just sitting there maskless

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I thought about going, but man, I really don’t trust that everyone in that place is going to be fully vaccinated if the health check at the movies was any indication. I watched a movie last night and they scanned my QR code. I had my ID ready for them to look at, just to confirm that the code belonged to me, but they didn’t even ask for it. There’s nothing that would stop a non-vaxxer from using someone else’s screenshot of their QR code to get into the game

I'm fully vaccinated but being so doesn't outright prevent you from getting COVID. Too many morons in this world to trust just sitting there maskless

We're probably going to wear masks yeah. I'm guessing many will.

But I doubt the above experience at the theatres is any comparative to what you'll see at the Bomber game. My guess is they will be very careful about this. The stakes for the Bombers is ALOT higher and there are way more eyes on them that they have to be careful about. The Bombers will be monitoring their staff quite a bit more to ensure they are double checking QR codes against IDs, I'd guarantee it. There's alot of pressure on them, particularly August 5th. This will be the first large gathering of people in CANADA in 1.5 years on August 5th. Even the Jays are only going to be 15K or ~25% on July 30th.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Mercy Maston got hurt yesterday and is out for the season so the Bombers traded for some help

E6qNoktWEAgKTm6

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Especially if the morons bring their coughing, sneezing unvaccinated children to the game. :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad