Pre-Game Talk: Bolts vs Jets - Oct 23 7:00 CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel*

Bah! Just realized I'll be in Athabasca for this game (or on my way driving there) so it's going to be even LONGER until I get to watch a Jets game.

Blast!

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
So far mostly passing and pass reception drills. Loved the one where the pass was purposely behind every player and they had to adjust to receive the pass.

No wonder we cannot execute a 2 on 1. They practice passing behind the player :sarcasm:

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I don't like these long breaks

Gives us a nice little break to evaluate what parts of our game need work and gives us the opportunity to work on them all week. As a fan, I want to watch some hockey! But, I think that this break could be just what Maurice needs to push his team in the right direction.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
They should be rifling the puck into everyone's skates for that drill...

...and dealing with receiving a pass after the passer has waited too long to make the pass so that the opposition has time to get on the puck. Trouba needs to lead this drill since he's an expert by now.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Ghost town around here.... I hope this is their longest break of the season (with the exception of the so-called All Star break)...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ghost town around here.... I hope this is their longest break of the season (with the exception of the so-called All Star break)...

They have a similar break (4 off day between games) over Christmas and 6 off days between games at the ASB. From March 1 to the end of the season there is a game every second day.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
This would have been a good break of the Jets have beaten the Blues. Long time to lick the wound.

Hope they come out firing and score few goals in the first.

jets only scored 1st against Jersey. Can't play catch up all the time.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Ladd-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Lines from practice:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Ehlers
Burmistrov-Lowry-Stafford
Petan-Copp-Thorburn
Peluso

Enstrom-Byfuglien