Pre-Game Talk: Bolts @ Leafs | Monday, Nov. 6th at 7 pm EST

Does Keefe Galaxy Brain Against the Bolts?

• Yay

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Nay

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • What Galaxy Brain? I am thinking more Intergalactic Brain

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Time to wake the F up. Divisional race is getting tighter

4 Point Games - Atlantic Divisional rivals

Nov 2 Vs Boston lost in OT - 1 points
Nov 4 Vs Sabres lost in regulation - 0 points
Nov 6 Vs Tampa (4 point game) - HOME
Nov 8 Vs Ottawa (4 point game) - HOME
Nov 10 Vs Flames - HOME
Nov 11 Vs Canucks - HOME
BREAK
Nov 17 Vs Red Wings (4 point game) - AWAY

Practice Lines Nov 5

Can Leafs wake the F up and beat divisional rival in regulation to gain 4 point advantage? And get things going?

Reactions: Cleetus

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Finally Knies is up with M and M. About damn time.

Holmberg as 3C should be interesting. Not really actually I guess but he can’t be worse than Kampf.

Reaves still in the lineup though lol. I’d rather have Robertson there doing nothing than Reaves there doing nothing and having no upside.

Last edited:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Time to wake the F up. Divisional race is getting tighter

4 Point Games - Atlantic Divisional rivals

Nov 2 Vs Boston lost in OT - 1 points
Nov 4 Vs Sabres lost in regulation - 0 points
Nov 6 Vs Tampa (4 point game) - HOME
Nov 8 Vs Ottawa (4 point game) - HOME
Nov 10 Vs Flames - HOME
Nov 11 Vs Canucks - HOME
BREAK
Nov 17 Vs Red Wings (4 point game) - AWAY

Practice Lines Nov 5

Can Leafs wake the F up and beat divisional rival in regulation to gain 4 point advantage? And get things going?

Based on those lines, 100% Keefe has an account on HF lol

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Expectations ruin everything.
They definitely magnify disappointment.

As for the game, I would be quite content if we could at least get the defensive game on track. With our beat up D that should be the focus for everyone tomorrow.

Reactions: Jojalu

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I am excited to see Holmberg as 3C, he is much better suited.

I am terrified to see Gregor/Kampf/Reaves re-united, but hopefully, they work better with some time to adjust to the system, I am sure Kampf is very structured, and playing with new guys is probably not easy.

The Marner/Matthews line was heating up so interesting to see if Knies can keep it going, and that 3rd line looks pretty defensively sound, so hoping they can all find some chemistry and produce offensively too.

Very scared that McCabe-Klingberg will be as bad as earlier though, unless McCabe is just a placeholder for Gio and is not ready yet.

I am cautiously optimistic about the new setup.

Reactions: KaberLeaf

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Knies probably gets two goals in this game given that Matthews and Marner are back to themselves. Tampa is also terrible on the road, so take the over in this one.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We need a run of games with some strong defensive play. Our own zone has been a tire fire for the most part, I'm looking at you JK.

But the forwards have been cheating a bit too... big ask with the injuries, but they have to find a way!

Like the look of these lines, except the 4th, but not really any other options.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I like Knies with the big boys. I think this will be a really good thing. He'll get going now.

Holmberg moving up is the right call too.

Robertson should be getting a look soon though. He's been looking good on the Marlies.

Much better look though. Hopefully they can have a really good week and turn their season around.

Last week was real rough. Last night was the first time I was pretty pissed about a loss. I know it's early but what a waste of a great night by Matthews.

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
Tough week for the Leafs coming up. Tomorrow will make it more obvious that team has tuned out the coach. Will have to await big media event from Tre until Sunday because no gap in the schedule.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Obviously I want to Leafs to win but I won’t be too mad if they continue to loose if it leads to Keefe getting fired sooner rather than later…

Reactions: TMLife17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My feeling is this will be a rock bottom kind of game... Big 4 offensive switch flip won't work, everything will break down, Tampa special team is going to pile it on... it's going to force the team to come together and figure things out with urgency or if they stay in the current lane Keefe will probably not be here early December (feels like November 2019 when Babcock lost the room).

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Tough week for the Leafs coming up. Tomorrow will make it more obvious that team has tuned out the coach. Will have to await big media event from Tre until Sunday because no gap in the schedule.
I'm not sure I would describe it as a tough week. Three terrible teams in Tampa, Ottawa and Calgary, and then an interesting test to see how real Vancouver is. To be honest, most of November is an easy schedule for the Leafs.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Likely a loss but not because of lack of effort or some fire coach conspiracy but because they simply arent that good. Every game is 50/50.

Reactions: authentic

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Practice Lines Nov 5

Trev should have called up McMann instead of Benoit to give the bottom 6 a different look by subbing him in for either Reaves or Gregor and swapping Kampf and Holmberg. Also Jarnkrok needs to come off the Matthews-Marner line before it can really get going offensively. If Keefe isn't going to trust Bertuzzi to play on line 1 at 5v5, Knies needs a look there.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Jarnkrok/Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Domi-Holmberg-Bertuzzi/Jarnkrok
McMann-Kampf-Reaves or Gregor

This is pretty much exactly the change I've wanted to see in the forward lines. Hopefully if McCabe is back Trev sends down Lajoie or Benoit and calls up McMann to shake up the look of the 4th line.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I’m expecting another loss. I hope I’m wrong but I have seen nothing out of them that would indicate I am.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I like these lines a whole lot more. I'd send Lajoie down now that McCabe is healthy, bring up McMann or Steeves. With lilly's injury we have cap flexibility to have an extra forward to rotate with Holmberg or give Reaves a rest.

As good as Robertson has been, I'd like to see him have half a year uninterrupted in the minors. Build that confidence then come like a wildfire in the second half.

Reactions: TMLife17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad