Proposal: Bolts/Jets

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Trouba for Point is probably fair..

It won't happen but i think its a fair deal...

Besides that, i dont see a fit here unless its Myers for maybe a prospect (id love foote but that wont happen)

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
I'm not so sure they're that deep at center. If they were why did they give up a 1st for Stasny and why would they want to re-sign him?
They got him for a little thing called a playoff push, we have Scheifele, little, Lowry, copp and rosolovic at the Center position without Stastny

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
They got him for a little thing called a playoff push, we have Scheifele, little, Lowry, copp and rosolovic at the Center position without Stastny
IMO, Little, Lowry and Copp will never be 2nd line centers. Little already had his chance. Roslovic maybe.

Reactions: Hunter368

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Besides that, i dont see a fit here unless its Myers for maybe a prospect (id love foote but that wont happen)

Point has many years of team control left which makes him a lot more valuable

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Johnson to winnipegwoudldnt work jets can’t take on salary and the point of moving TJ would be to free up cap space

That's really not true. With the bump the cap is about to get, TJ's contract is pretty affordable. The issue is only the term. If we trade TJ, it'll be a hockey deal, because we have an abundance of small, speedy forwards capable of 50+ points in the right situation.

We have a ton of money coming off the books next year, which we'll give to Kucherov and Point, so long as at least one or two prospect defensemen can break into the NHL next year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Don't be surprised if Point is considered our #1C as early as this coming year.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He scored in the top 60 for his position (in an off year for him) so why isn't he a 2C?
Because Laine didn't produce with him. That is why.

Among centers, Little ranks 57th in GAR. This is with half his season torpedoed by two linemates with which he got nothing going. People writing him off are a) Laine fans, b) overreacting, c) in love with the PDO-driven stint Stastny and Laine had together or d) in possession of a crystal ball. One of the four is more unlikely than the others.

Last edited:

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
IMO, Little, Lowry and Copp will never be 2nd line centers. Little already had his chance. Roslovic maybe.
Little is a second line center though, I never said the other ones are, and rosolovic has the potential to be a second line center, he could even become a first line center on another team.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Little is a second line center though, I never said the other ones are, and rosolovic has the potential to be a second line center, he could even become a first line center on another team.
I can't comment the potential of Roslovic but Brian Little's game is no where near what it was a few seasons ago. He tries hard but since his serious injury a couple of years ago he hasn't been the same. If he was a 2nd line center he still would be.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Because Laine didn't produce with him. That is why.

Among centers, Little ranks 57th in GAR. This is with half his season torpedoed by two linemates with which he got nothing going. People writing him off are a) Laine fans, b) overreacting, c) in love with the PDO-driven stint Stastny and Laine had together or d) in possession of a crystal ball. One of the four is more unlikely than the others.
I really think they should try Little with Wheeler and Connor, and Scheif with Laine and Ehlers. Problem solved

Reactions: 10Ducky10

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Can you afford him with Hedman and Stamkos? What is Kucherov gonna get?

It's kind of strange, but we really can afford him, assuming he takes something in the neighborhood of $6m. The expectation is Kucherov will get between 9 and 10.

We have a ton of money coming off the books at the end of next season, mainly on D, and some of which, hopefully, will be replaced by ELCs. For as much flack as Yzerman gets for the occasional bad contract, he has our cap pretty sorted out.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I can't comment the potential of Roslovic but Brian Little's game is no where near what it was a few seasons ago. He tries hard but since his serious injury a couple of years ago he hasn't been the same. If he was a 2nd line center he still would be.
He was a 1C, now he is a 2C

Reactions: 10Ducky10

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Do we hold that against Little?

I mean, we could open the can of worms that is Malkin the second line center, but I doubt that it's needed.
What has Malkin got to do with Brian Little? Brian Little is going to be an overpaid 3rd line center at best.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Can you afford him with Hedman and Stamkos? What is Kucherov gonna get?

We can easily afford to keep all our core players assuming we trade Miller and let most of our veteran UFAs besides Stralman walk. This is assuming near-worst case scenarios for those players’ contracts (including longterm rather than bridge deals for Point and Serg) and a smaller cap increase than we’re likely to see this summer; it’s also without moving or buying out Killorn or Callahan. In short our cap situation is quite manageable.

Now if we want to do something like resign McDonagh (which I think would be a huge mistake) or bring in another high-priced defenseman then yes, somebody’s going to have to go. But it certainly won’t be Point.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What has Malkin got to do with Brian Little? Brian Little is going to be an overpaid 3rd line center at best.
Little being used as the 4C =/= Little is a 4C.

Wanna borrow your deck of tarot cards, by the way?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Little being used as the 4C =/= Little is a 4C.

Wanna borrow your deck of tarot cards, by the way?
You mean "lend" not "borrow". How's this for another prediction; in 3 seasons (2021) he'll be a buy out candidate (before the current CBA expires and the NHLPA won't allow it in the next CBA).

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
As it stands, Little is our 2c.
I think moving Roslo between players like MP and Armia will help out play at center.
We need to play Roslo at center and see if he has what it takes for theposition. If not, he will be a good RWer and we look for Little's replacement.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad