Proposal: Bolts/Jets

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Hope this isn't too far out there?
I've read on a few sites that Tampa will need cap room to re-sign Kucherov after next year. As a result they may be willing to move Tyler Johnson before July 1st when his NTC kicks in. Now, assuming Stasny doesn't re-sign with the Jets (not that big of an assumption) what would Tampa ask from the Jets for Johnson in the way of players (would have to be low cap hits)/prospects/draft picks or any combination of the three? He'd be good fit with Laine and Ehlers.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Only player that truly interests me from a Lighting POV is Trouba but sounds like he will re-sign there and I dont think the Jets want to trade him anyways. Not for Johnson anways lol.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Only player that truly interests me from a Lighting POV is Trouba but sounds like he will re-sign there and I dont think the Jets want to trade him anyways. Not for Johnson anways lol.
I know you lightning fans probably wouldn't be interested, but I'll say it anyway:
Trouba for Point.

Reactions: LiasAndersson

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Johnson to winnipegwoudldnt work jets can’t take on salary and the point of moving TJ would be to free up cap space

Reactions: olli

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
...and the point of moving TJ would be to free up cap space

I disagree. We’ve got Miller for that; if we trade TJ it should be a quality-for-quality trade either for a youngish top four defenseman with term (which is our greatest need) or possibly for a forward of similar or greater value (if we just want to shake things up.) We don’t need to move TJ for cap space and we already have plenty of organizational depth so unless we’re betting that the wheels are going to fall off him in the near future there’s simply no reason to trade him for a collection of lesser pieces.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Don't discuss Trouba if you are not willing to discuss Point too.

As for Johnson, why? We have Little.

Reactions: Whileee

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Don't discuss Trouba if you are not willing to discuss Point too.

As for Johnson, why? We have Little.
Agree. Trouba faced all the toughest matchups and logged a 54% HDCF, along with 1.22 points/60 5v5. Those figures are just a notch below Hedman. I can understand not wanting to trade Point, but Trouba's value is at that level.

Reactions: Snowman

Gemel11

May 12, 2018
Jets have a lot of depth in the center position, they sure as hell don’t need another center

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What's Tyler Myers looking for in a contract going forward?

Johnson + Paquette for Myers + Copp?

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd bet Myers would look for around $5.5m a season, on a long term deal.
The contract would depend on the team IMO. Myers seems very happy in the Peg on a young & upcoming team.
Add to that part of the reason he missed so many games in 2016-17 was his wife dealing with a very difficult pregnancy but the hospital looked after her to the degree they have a healthy baby the family is happy to be here. Myers & his wife are now involved in fund raising for the St. Boniface Hosp. Prenatal Unit so I suspect he'd sign @ a discount to stay in that comfort zone. (BTW, Perrault & his wife feel the same about St. B. In their case the fact his wife who speaks little English was looked after by French speaking staff.) Sometimes it's the behind the scenes stuff that matters.

If traded the team looking to re-sign him would be 1 he has no ties to so he might as well go for full market value.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd bet Myers would look for around $5.5m a season, on a long term deal.

I'd highly consider this deal then. We have forwards to replace Johnson going forward, Copp upgrades the bottom 6 and we can let Coburn, Girardi and Stralman all walk after next year.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

You are absolutely correct.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Hope this isn't too far out there?
I've read on a few sites that Tampa will need cap room to re-sign Kucherov after next year. As a result they may be willing to move Tyler Johnson before July 1st when his NTC kicks in. Now, assuming Stasny doesn't re-sign with the Jets (not that big of an assumption) what would Tampa ask from the Jets for Johnson in the way of players (would have to be low cap hits)/prospects/draft picks or any combination of the three? He'd be good fit with Laine and Ehlers.

I would say Johnson isn’t the type of 2C we want ideally between Laine/Ehlers. Johnson likely better suited for out East.

Reactions: JetBlue420

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Jets have a lot of depth in the center position, they sure as hell don’t need another center
I'm not so sure they're that deep at center. If they were why did they give up a 1st for Stasny and why would they want to re-sign him?

Reactions: JetBlue420

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad