• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That is true. But I wouldn't call calling him not trash overzealous. So far he's been a good 4th line winger.

In fact if Kk were in midseason form, I'd rather see Weal with Drouin and Kk to make more offensive and Armia on the 4th to solidify the 4th line defensively...

I just prefer Weal to the 4 in the press box, plus agostino, chaput, pleks, etc... He's so far been a ttue two player - responsible defensively and has some offense. Again a good 4th liner for us.

Byron and Danault started on the 4th and proved to be more. Greg Stewart started on the 4th and, like Dlo, proved to be less. It can go either way. But for now he's earned a spot. And given his contributions and effort, I think posters should show more respect than to call him trash.

I never crap on players. Even Drouin, who I'm not a fan of at all, is doing what should have been expected of him. There were actually posters here who opined that he was impetus behind the junior success of he and MacKinnon.

There is a tenancy of applying confirmation bias to newish players to fulfill a need to cheer when there is little else to cheer about. Sometimes these players are diamonds in the rough (metaphor used correctly, MB!) but mostly they are as advertised.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I never crap on players. Even Drouin, who I'm not a fan of at all, is doing what should have been expected of him. There were actually posters here who opined that he was impetus behind the junior success of he and MacKinnon.

There is a tenancy of applying confirmation bias to newish players to fulfill a need to cheer when there is little else to cheer about. Sometimes these players are diamonds in the rough (metaphor used correctly, MB!) but mostly they are as advertised.

I'm not a Bergevin supporter, but he is good in the Bargain bin. So when he brings in depth guys, I give them the benefit of the doubt - that they may be more than what they have been elsewhere so far...

Danault, Weise (1st time, when we got him for Diaz, and he got us Danault), Byron, and ... Radulov (that he really screwed up by not resigning) are the 4 best examples. Hopefully Kulak, Folin, and Weal will be the latest examples, and not a Reilly or a Dlo that looked good at first then faded. Weaver and Niemi also had good stints, but were on their last legs and kept on past their expiration dates...

And I don't agree with those that say he's just throwing s__t on the wall and seeing what sticks. These are similar to draft picks - they're free assets, where a few will pan out and most will fail. They are what they are. And I applaud his efforts - if only he could bring in and retain more big fish like Domi and Radulov...

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Weal is just a low grade 3rd liner or middling 4th liner who produces 20 points in 70 games. There is no room for GROWTH and him having a spike in production over the long term.

Byron had ordinary stats with CGY before coming with MTL.
now he is part of the team's core.

I wouldn't count him out yet.
I'd give him 2-3 years before throwing the towel

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
There were an awful lot of posters who jumped hard on the Deslauriers bandwagon when he got some big goals early. Look how that turned out.

Best to be cautious with unknown quantities and not make overzealous pronouncements.

I agree but the only one thus far has actually been that Weal is trash...

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
There were an awful lot of posters who jumped hard on the Deslauriers bandwagon when he got some big goals early. Look how that turned out.

Best to be cautious with unknown quantities and not make overzealous pronouncements.

Very well said but i think you replied to the wrong post......should have been this one

''Some of the recency bias around here for Jordan Weal is hilarious he was a healthy scratch all year for the Arizona Coyotes how is that defined as anything other than trash.''

Reactions: Habs Icing

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Very well said but i think you replied to the wrong post......should have been this one

''Some of the recency bias around here for Jordan Weal is hilarious he was a healthy scratch all year for the Arizona Coyotes how is that defined as anything other than trash.''
Arizona is the organization that screwed up with Domi and traded away Perlini and Strome........it’s no wonder they in the dumpsters year in year out

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Tampa let's us win this one! They would love to play us in the playoffs. We would work them out a tiny bit, but at the same time, they would not break to much of a sweat heading into round 2.

Reactions: dinodebino

Squats

Mar 27, 2013
Weal is just a low grade 3rd liner or middling 4th liner who produces 20 points in 70 games. There is no room for GROWTH and him having a spike in production over the long term.

why not give him a chance? he's actually creative with the puck on the PP, he's got good hands too. He's got some upside

Reactions: Habs Icing

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Hedman is out the remaining games.

Girardi and Stralman out, as well. But they may play before the season is over.

Chances are that Habs may face Pasquale and no Hedman, Girardi, and Stralman.

I wonder if they have better D core than us without those 3.

27DMCDONAGH, RYAN
33DGAUNCE, CAMERON
81DCERNAK, ERIK
44DRUTTA, JAN
55DCOBURN, BRAYDON
98DSERGACHEV, MIKHAIL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

Hedman is out the remaining games.

Girardi and Stralman out, as well. But they may play before the season is over.

Chances are that Habs may face Pasquale and no Hedman, Girardi, and Stralman.

still an incredibly dangerous team. that can outscore their injured D problems...and we'll see the quebec goalie factor

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Vasilevsky playing against Sens tonight. Two games in two nights + no vasy, hedman and possibly others?

350.png

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Arizona is the organization that screwed up with Domi and traded away Perlini and Strome........it’s no wonder they in the dumpsters year in year out
No, no no. You got your numbers wrong. Their GM is an analytics guru. He knows what he's doing. Go look at the numbers within the numbers and you'll see he has built a SC contender..

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad