GDT: Bolts @ Dolts — 4pm PST — 11/11/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Oh I forgot to say Milano looked like the touted prospect and hope he can rejuvenate his career like Connelly and Sprong did.
This is the 2nd time I've seen Sprong mentioned in a "rejuvenation" type comment. Am I forgetting something, cos apart from having a really nice shot I didn't think he really impressed during his time with the Caps?

Hmm I guess 21-13-34 in 89 games is ok in bottom 6 role with no PP time.
He's got 7 point in 8 games with Seattle. Good for him

Reactions: HeyMattyB

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This is the 2nd time I've seen Sprong mentioned in a "rejuvenation" type comment. Am I forgetting something, cos apart from having a really nice shot I didn't think he really impressed during his time with the Caps?

Hmm I guess 21-13-34 in 89 games is ok in bottom 6 role with no PP time.
He's got 7 point in 8 games with Seattle. Good for him

Before his time with the Caps he was on the bubble of staying in the NHL. Now he has a NHL career going. What I did like about him was his eagerness to be a puck hog in terms of not doing extra fancy passes. He would shoot almost always and he had bursts of speed. We're not saying he's a superstar, just that he saved his career playing with the Caps.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Stan Galiev

Sasha Minor
May 15, 2015
My dad played a few pickup hockey games with Sonny on Long Island predaft and a bit with CBJ. Said he had the most insane hands he’s ever seen and was a nice dude. Awesome to see him ball out. Looking hungry and dangerous out there.

Also Ovi is an ageless wonder. Once you think he looks slow for a few games he turns up and starts moving again. Guy is a mythical creature at this point.

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I know Sonny had two goals tonight, so easy to notice. but his play has gotten better every game, Threat to score when he is on the ice. And he has made plenty of smart / safe plays. This could be a good fit for player and team.

We were much faster with the puck tonight and a lot of quick passes in neutral zone. Thought dee was quick too other than us giving so much zone time last 8 minutes.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I missed the 2nd and 3rd (date night). What was the match penalty?

Aube-Kubel blindside headshot on Cal Foote coming across. Think of the Matt Cooke hit on Marc Savard.

He’s gonna sit for a few games, no question about that. Surprisingly this is his first suspension at the NHL level. He’s been suspended a few times before in the A

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Well I don’t know what that was, but I liked it. Outside the bad hit obviously, but at least we will lose a fairly unimportant guy versus losing a Wilson. Good goalie play is nice to have.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win. Offense found their gear and Kuemper was great.

Yikes at Bolts gooning it up late. I'm sure Cernak and Sergachev will thank Colton and Perry for their penalties. They ate some bullets in result there.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Last thing I am going to gripe about is goaltending. Always going to be a clunker here an there. I mean hell, Vassy gave up 5 to the Caps last night. Doesn’t make him a bad goaltender.

Issue is consistent goal scoring. 5 on EDM and 5 on TB. Clunker against Pens. But this group can play together but now we have people coming back and need another adjustment to make room for them.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Just watched the third period on DVR amazing watching Corey perry goon it up for no reason and then two of their best penalty killers jump in front of an Ovechkin slapshots on a penalty kill with three minutes left in the game over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad