GDT: Bolts @ Canes

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
oh well......0-2 aint bad to start an 82 game season......kinda tough this season, but can see lots of good, also lots of bad. just happy to see the things that jordan and semin bring to the team.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Cam ward only plays well when he sees a lot of shots. Cam ward's mental game is crap, he over thinks everything when he isn't seeing that many and gets burned. I'm getting sick of it...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Cam ward only plays well when he sees a lot of shots. Cam ward's mental game is crap, he over thinks everything when he isn't seeing that many and gets burned. I'm getting sick of it...

He overthinks everything because he can't trust his defense to stop ****. His job should be to stop the shot, but frankly, when there's an open Tampa player during every offensive zone possession, I don't blame him for anticipating the pass.

Besides, what goals tonight are on him? The first 2 on Sangs? The screened shot for the 3rd? Or the multiple failed attempts to clear the crease on the PP for the 4th?

We can't expect Ward to steal every game, every night.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
C4M W4rd strikes again

TE4M LO$$ BR4

The Good:
Faulk- Covering for the bad Gleason pinches in the first. Deflecting shots and playing the body the rest of the game.
The Meh:
Semin: Hit a post, was super creative on the PP. Missed a wide open net on a pass from Staal but I'll chalk that up to NOBODY in the building thinking Staal would pass up that shot. If they have that time together maybe he knows that pass is coming. Haven't seen any problems defensively.
Skinner- Scores the PP goal but boneheads the TB 3rd goal defensively.
E. Staal- Got a few good scoring chances. When the team was down tried to muck it up. Although he didn't remove the gloves, he at least showed a little heart with that play.
J. Staal- Hasn't shown any ability so far except dump and chase. Defense is ok. Offense hasn't produced many scoring chances or even shots.
The Bad:
Sanguinetti- Responsible for poor defensive plays on the first two TB goals. Nothing positive to say on the offensive side of things.
Jokinen- Two bad minor penalties and sluggish play 5 on 5. I expected better from a guy who played during the lockout.
Tlusty- Missed on a great scoring chance in the first. You could see it on his face that he was preoccupied with that chance on further plays and became frustrated.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
He overthinks everything because he can't trust his defense to stop ****. His job should be to stop the shot, but frankly, when there's an open Tampa player during every offensive zone possession, I don't blame him for anticipating the pass.

Besides, what goals tonight are on him? The first 2 on Sangs? The screened shot for the 3rd? Or the multiple failed attempts to clear the crease on the PP for the 4th?

We can't expect Ward to steal every game, every night.

I don't really blame Ward directly on anyone of those goals, expect maybe the last one, he shouldn't have given up the rebound for the puck to be sitting in the crease. The first two were definitely stoppable and when you pay your goalie as if he is one of the best in the league you should expect him to make some of those saves. Garon and Theodore are being paid less than half of what Ward makes combined and they are two guys making those saves.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Those guys aren't facing nearly the same quality chances that Ward has been. For every good shot Carolina takes, there's 5 missed shots and/or shots to the crest

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Puck was bouncing on all the guys with skill. Still we held the puck better than we did the other night. Rust is coming off slow, and apparently we have more rust than some other teams.

Not a fan of the second line.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
call me a blatant fanboy, but all I see is semin setting up scoring opportunities but no one being able to finish.

just like in Washington more often then not, however, he's on a line with TALENT here.
:help:

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
call me a blatant fanboy, but all I see is semin setting up scoring opportunities but no one being able to finish.

just like in Washington more often then not, however, he's on a line with TALENT here.
:help:

Once they get used to eachother, the talent will bury.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
The defense has ZERO confidence in Ward. Numerous times, I saw a defenseman standing in the net, side by side with Ward, playing goalie #2. Ellis should start.

Semin is showing signs of major talent....his linemates are falling short. Muller's lines are garbage. Jordan with Dwyer and Tlusty is a joke.

The defense is 3 players short of being competitive.

Rutherford has some major trading to do.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You all are going to be VERY disappointed if you're expecting Dan Ellis to solve your goaltending problems.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
you all are going to be very disappointed if you're expecting Cam Ward to solve your goaltending problems.

ftfy.

Trying to make a joke, but it's probably not fair. The defense may well have no confidence in Cam, but there's very little reason for Cam to have any confidence in the defense, either.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
ftfy.

Trying to make a joke, but it's probably not fair. The defense may well have no confidence in Cam, but there's very little reason for Cam to have any confidence in the defense, either.

Very true.

At least we got two shiny new forwards as well that'll lead us to the Stanley Cup!!!

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
ftfy.

Ward has been shaky this year for sure, but this defense is atrocious.

NHL accolades held by Cam Ward: Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup, All-Star Selection
NHL accolades held by the entire defense combined: Young-Star Selection (Faulk)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad