Bollig

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Through 5 games I gotta say Bollig has been the biggest pleasant surprise on the entire team. Foley said he worked his butt off this summer and its shows. He's turned himself into a legit solid 4th liner. All of the sudden he can skate and has some hands as opposed to last year when those two aspects were completely missing from his game. He's cycling well, forchecking, getting pucks deep, has even scored a goal.

Kudos to him for putting in the hard work and turning himself into a hockey player.

HawksFanTim

Jul 17, 2013
Washington DC
You'll probably get hammered for this post but I agree. He certainly looks like he belongs on the 4th line. I also like what I've seen out of Smith and hope those guys can provide some depth for us this year.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Nearly had another goal this game, but drew iron. He's been a pleasant surprise that's for sure. He knows he better keep it up with a couple of those Rockford guys waiting in the wings. But he's been very good so far.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Agree, he looks leaps and bounds better this year. deserves his roster spot.

my only gripe, is that it seems like he knows he is better, and sometimes tries to do a little too much out there. don't think it has gotten him into trouble yet, but I think he would be better served playing a simple game rather than trying to force plays.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
true.

he's still the most replaceable guy but hell I'm starting to really like him. On that Smith goal, his work was not rewareded with a point

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
He saw Bickell go from a 4th line scrub to a top line wing getting paid and thought "wtf I can do that."

Good for Bollig.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He saw Bickell go from a 4th line scrub to a top line wing getting paid and thought "wtf I can do that."

Good for Bollig.

I understand the sentiment you're portraying but I highly doubt even Brandon Bollig himself thinks he has so much as even a fraction of Bickell's talent.

I like Bollig, and like even more his improvement to this season, but more than a fourth-liner type he'll never be. Certainly not on this team. Bickell was a fourth-liner on this team simply because of the depth ahead of him and perhaps a lack of effort or will on his part early on. Everyone knew the talent and skill set were there. Bollig has no such skill set.

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013
To think 12 days ago Bollig to many couldn't even skate, let alone enforce. His hard offseason work was self-evident through the preseason and the first regular season game. He appears to be improving with each game played.

Doan Jidion*

Even though he tried really hard to better himself, he still has a lower ceiling than a number of prospects: Morin, Pirri, even Hayes. He's not a good fighter. I can't get excited about him being more than a 13th when we have guys who need the miles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad