Bold Predictions For The Next 5 Years

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Ovi gets traded to Penguins, makes Cup run with Malkin and Crosby, proceeds to score GWG into his own net for West Conf Team...retires back to Russia w/o ever winning a Cup. Washington wins the next year w/o Ovi.

Referees start to get fined for poorly timed, incorrect, or phantom calls.

McDavid gets traded ala Gretzky but w/o the Cups and Edmonton fans lose their minds.

Tavares signs with Lightning, Kucherov then has to be traded, and they fail to make the playoffs all 5 years

Blues finally make a SCF and coming out for Game 1, Allen trips on a broken skate blade on his way out of the bench, proceeding to trip half the players behind him, all leaving with "lower-body" injuries

Reactions: thedustman

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
My bold prediction:

None of the following teams will win a cup in the next 5 years

Penguins
Capitals
Lightning
Leafs
Blues
Blackhawks
Predators
Kings
Oilers

Burned

Nov 5, 2016
IMG_1745.JPG

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
None of Winnipeg, Toronto or Edmonton win a cup within the next 5 years, despite Toronto signing Drew Doughty as a free agent
McDavid demands a trade from Edmonton after 2019-2020, after missing the playoffs for 3 years in a row
Nashville emerges as the next dynasty once Tolvanen comes from the KHL, becoming the new Pittsburgh/Chicago
Buffalo immediately jumps into being a playoff team when they sign OEL as a free agent
Karlsson signs with Vegas and Vegas wins a cup within 5 years

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
The price of stamps will climb ever higher.
Stamps are forever. The cup is forever. Stamp the cup. Cup the fever.

Since the blues dont win it all until 2031, i’m gonna say that these teams will all at least make the cup finals in the next five years:

Vegas desert nights
Turonno make beliefs
Columbos scrooge hackets
Buffalo neighbors
Florida pantsers
Arizona high whoadies
Sand Rosé sharts

And someone names their kid Jhomas, who will later get drafted and be better at hockey than TJ Brodie. Hopefully, his parents last name is Tsujimoto and he wins the calder but isn’t present to accept the award.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
The Pheonix Coyotes will acquire a fan

This would require a municipality with a large enough population to support a team to name themselves "Pheonix", and then have an expansion team come to this new city, or relocate someone else. I also don't think the NHL would have two teams named the "Coyotes" as there is already a team named the Arizona Coyotes who play in Glendale, a suburb of Phoenix.

A bold prediction, indeed.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Kaprizov doesn't sign with the Wild and signs with f***ing Blackhawks or some shit and becomes a star forward.

Yes, I'm nervous about Kaprizov :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad