BOLD PREDICTION: Mcdavid Assist prediction

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
My bold prediction is that Connor Mcdavid will eclipse Joe Thornton's (Old Man of the Sea) current assist total by Age 34.

Joe Thornton (age 37) has 1007 career assists.
- 2 seasons 90A+ (92A/96A, Art McRoss ain't touching those! Nhl Rules changes)
- 6 seasons 60+ (not including the 2 seasons already mentioned)

Art McRoss:
- currently 100 career assists, age 20
for 907 assists in 14 years he would have to average 65A (rounded up) per year.

People of all shapes and sizes may discuss! Feel free to flame me! /mybodyisready

Last edited:

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
McDavid has made himself a game changing character. But at some seasons he might concentrate more on scoring goals. I'm not a prophet but hey what-ifs are always nice.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Thornton's season with 72 assists is actually his season with 96 assists (72 for SJ and 24 for Boston).

I don't think he'll be able to do it, unless there are significant rule changes to increase scoring soon. I think he'll be more of an all-around offensive player, unlike Thornton who mostly has focused on utilizing his insanely good passing ability.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Thornton's season with 72 assists is actually his season with 96 assists (72 for SJ and 24 for Boston).

I don't think he'll be able to do it, unless there are significant rule changes to increase scoring soon. I think he'll be more of an all-around offensive player, unlike Thornton who mostly has focused on utilizing his insanely good passing ability.

Oh damn, misplays of the week. Better fix it!

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
McDavid will be 20 years and 9 months and will have 102 career assists.

When Crosby was 20 years and and 5 months old he had 190 career assists.

Injuries happen. Players change their style. Its a bold prediction. But hey you never know thats why its bold.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
McDavid will be 20 years and 9 months and will have 102 career assists.

When Crosby was 20 years and and 5 months old he had 190 career assists.

Injuries happen. Players change their style. Its a bold prediction. But hey you never know thats why its bold.

Knocking on wood, I'm thinking Mcdavid loses more time to lockouts then injuries. Crosby lost 0.5 years to a lockout and 1.5-2 years to injuries. NHL has proven that lockouts are business as usual, and when the next one rolls around it will be over Olympics.

Part of the prediction is me assuming he won't get multiple concussions.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Without injury, it's possible. Unless we go deeper into the dead puck interference BS.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
McDavid will prove himself to be the better player, but Thorntons bread and butter is his assist. Whereas I could see McDavid trading some assists for goals as he starts hitting his prime and really dominating.

I do think Thornton is the best passer of the last generation though.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I've never waded into a McDavid points or Art Ross thread. I look at thread-starters as suspicious Oilers fans as the last thing the team needs is focus on stats (rather than winning).

I don't see Connor breaking major stat records unless the rules change (more penalties called, smaller goalie pads, larger nets).

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
I've never waded into a McDavid points or Art Ross thread. I look at thread-starters as suspicious Oilers fans as the last thing the team needs is focus on stats (rather than winning).

I don't see Connor breaking major stat records unless the rules change (more penalties called, smaller goalie pads, larger nets).

Well luckily we're not on the team, we're on a message board discussing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad