Bogdan Yakimov.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
And came back to have NHL success? I am not aware of a single example. Closest I can think of is Linus Omark.

Sorry if that was unclear. In my experience its a real NHL kiss of death to go back overseas.
Everyone during the past two lockouts.

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
As a side note: never got why North Americans get upset when a Russian prospect who obviously wasnt good enough for NHL goes back to KHL instead of going to AHL. They are still developing lol. They are just doing it in their home city/ country. If the roles were reversed and KHL was the power house league, I bet no North American would be upset if a NA player came home to the NHL instead of going to the VHL

Because some fans view players not as humans, but as objects whose only worth is to help their favorite team.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I don't know what NHL speed is anymore. I've seen guys skate like they're skating in mud and are in the NHL. Yak 2 doesn't skate any worse and has the NHL size. Looks to be training hard from his instagram. Most people wrote of Slepy about coming here and also wrote him off when he did come. So I'm going to hold out on the early judgements

This.

Because, u know.. Maroon skates like the wind....

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Because some fans view players not as humans, but as objects whose only worth is to help their favorite team.

This unfortuantly

Great example is NCAA players who become free agents (Schultz, Vesey). Sooo much hate for these guys when they do that from fans. Like youd think they spit in that fans face or something. Really they sacrificed millions to stay in the NCAA for 4 friggin years and are now legally UFAs (same as when CHL players would be if they didnt sign ELC). Guy choses the best path for him in life and people act like they are personally harmed by it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad