Boeser vs Horvat

Who would you take?

• Total voters

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Right now I would say Horvat is more valuable to the team. If I had to pick one going forward though I would go with Boeser. A natural goal scorer like him is harder to replace.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Boeser has a more game breaking talent than Horvat. However Horvat drive the play better, and have a more well rounded game. Ultimately I voted for Boeser,

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Assuming Boeser's regression in play this year is largely due to not being 100%, then him easily. His puck control, defensive game, compete level, and even his shot power and accuracy are all significantly lacking from last year, and he's still producing because his touch and offensive IQ is fantastic. Horvat's a bull on skates, a better skater and better defensively, but he just isn't in the same level offensively. Boeser will likely regularly outproduce him by 10 goals and 20 points

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Horvat right now.. If BB injuries are the reason for his play this year and he gets over them next season then it could change

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Horvat, but Boeser on the leafs due to centre depth

Hyman - - Matthews - Marner
Kapanen - Tavares - Nylander
Johnsson - - - Kadri - - Boeser

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Boeser’s “regression in play” still has him on a 35 goal, 73 point pace, I’m not sure how that’s a regression.

I get it though, he’s had some cold streaks. It happens with many young players, people forget he is only 21 years old.

I love Horvat and I consider taking him as he’s a center, but Boeser is the better player.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Boeser’s “regression in play” still has him on a 35 goal, 73 point pace, I’m not sure how that’s a regression.

I get it though, he’s had some cold streaks. It happens with many young players, people forget he is only 21 years old.

I love Horvat and I consider taking him as he’s a center, but Boeser is the better player.

Production and play are not the same thing. He's producing only when Pettersson drives the play

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
What regression are people talking about when it comes to Boeser? Boeser was always projected as a 30-40 goal, 70-80 point top line winger. He might have a couple seasons flirting with 50 goals and 90 points, but year in year out he’s going to give you just that 30-40 goals, and 70-80 points.

He was on pace for 73 points and 38 goals last season, and currently he’s on pace for 73 points and 34 goals. He has become a much better overall playmaker this season. Some of thr passes he has made this year, he couldnt have dreamed of attempting last season.

I voted Horvat BTW. His ability to drive a play is just crucial to the Canucks. Plus I prefer his well rounded 200 foot game. He’s one of those centers in the Bergeron mold that can really elevate a team.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
What regression are people talking about when it comes to Boeser? Boeser was always projected as a 30-40 goal, 70-80 point top line winger. He might have a couple seasons flirting with 50 goals and 90 points, but year in year out he’s going to give you just that 30-40 goals, and 70-80 points.

He was on pace for 73 points and 38 goals last season, and currently he’s on pace for 73 points and 34 goals. He has become a much better overall playmaker this season. Some of thr passes he has made this year, he couldnt have dreamed of attempting last season.

I voted Horvat BTW. His ability to drive a play is just crucial to the Canucks. Plus I prefer his well rounded 200 foot game. He’s one of those centers in the Bergeron mold that can really elevate a team.

Boeser put up his numbers last year as the driving offensive force of the team, in a lower scoring year. His skating, puck handling, shooting and defensive game have all been significantly worse this season. He's managed to put up points because his touch and IQ are great, but he's largely needed Pettersson to drive play in order to be productive this year, whereas last year he could do it himself, and his shot allowed him to score from distance on plays that weren't high level scoring chances. Obviously not just anyone is going to score at a high level with Pettersson, and it's a testament to his talent, but I don't know how anyone can watch him regularly both years and think he isn't a significantly less impactful player this year.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Yeah Boeser has been notably worse this year and his production has been dragged by Pettersson.

I attribute a lot of that due to injury and I think he’ll flirt with 85-90 point in his peak if scoring remain high and he continues to play with Pettersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad