Boedker?

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
If Hextall can get Boedker for Brayden Schenn, he needs to do it. Boedker's a much better player with more utility in the lineup.

beetee15

Long Island Bullies
May 26, 2010
Long Island
a good wing can play either side. you often switch sides during play as well. ive never thought on no im on the left side i have to get on my right side

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
2nd 2016 + Hagg + Cousins for ARZ Boedker [Is a perfectly fair trade] any more than that would be dismantling our team, and/or over paying.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Boedker-Couturier-Schenn
Read-Laughton-Simmonds

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
2nd 2016 + Hagg + Cousins for ARZ Boedker [Is a perfectly fair trade] any more than that would be dismantling our team, and/or over paying.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Boedker-Couturier-Schenn
Read-Laughton-Simmonds

AZ won't do that deal.

They would not trade their best winger for future pieces. They need and want more guys like Boedker.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
I would LOVE Boedker.

I believe the deals being proposed are a little more quantity vs quality.

Make no mistake that it would take one of our premium prospects to get this done IMO (Hagg and Cousins just dont cut it). I wouldnt want to deal one of Sanhiem, Morin, Provorov, Ghost, or Konecny.

I would part ways with Laughton or Schenn for the right deal that addresses team needs, which Boedker certainly does.

Arizona is also trying to get to the cap floor, they'll need to take some $$ back in the deal to at least stay par for the course.

Not to say he would be the center piece of a deal, but would they have interest in MacDonald?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I would LOVE Boedker.

I believe the deals being proposed are a little more quantity vs quality.

Make no mistake that it would take one of our premium prospects to get this done IMO (Hagg and Cousins just dont cut it). I wouldnt want to deal one of Sanhiem, Morin, Provorov, Ghost, or Konecny.

I would part ways with Laughton or Schenn for the right deal that addresses team needs, which Boedker certainly does.

Arizona is also trying to get to the cap floor, they'll need to take some $$ back in the deal to at least stay par for the course.

Not to say he would be the center piece of a deal, but would they have interest in MacDonald?

I think Laughton is the guy to get rid of.

Realistically, we're set at center. Laughton, the poor boy, can't get into the lineup. We don't really need him. Problem is I don't know how much AZ needs him with Strome and Domi.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
a good wing can play either side. you often switch sides during play as well. ive never thought on no im on the left side i have to get on my right side

Voracek and Simmonds are good wings who can't play the left side.

There's also this guy called Jagr who has played RW his whole career.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Im not as quick to dismiss Laughton as some here but I would trade him for Boedker straight up. Addresses a need while dealing from a position of strength.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I figured umberger would be our odd man out in this situation, still has (some) ability to play, and helps them get to the cap floor. I would be ok sending Laughton their way with a 2nd rounder. the one thing I would not do is retain any $

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Ghost+Vinny for Boedker?

I don't see the need to move vinny as I believe the situation will resolve itself before the Christmas break. Ghost I want on this team by 2017, full time. I do not want any of our D prospects with the exception of Hagg to be trade bait.
If Boedker was signed already to a deal with a nice cap hit for a few years, maybe, but I would probably have buyers remorse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad