Boedker?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I've tried looking on my own but can't seem to find a solid answer. He is posted as a LW, but I've seen him as RW and LW/RW.
What position does he's actually play?
Over on the Coyotes board it seems like there are some contract disputes.
Would he be a good fit on the first line with G and Voracek?

What do you think it would take to move pry him away from Arizona? Hagg+ cousins + 2016 2nd?

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I've tried looking on my own but can't seem to find a solid answer. He is posted as a LW, but I've seen him as RW and LW/RW.
What position does he's actually play?
Over on the Coyotes board it seems like there are some contract disputes.
Would he be a good fit on the first line with G and Voracek?

What do you think it would take to move pry him away from Arizona? Hagg+ cousins + 2016 2nd?

I'd do that trade in a heart beat

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He is best on the left. I think he would be a nice acquisition.

However he is probably not perfectly suited to the G-V line due to his skillset, though he would certainly get a go there, however if we got him I think he would be a pretty ideal 2LW:

Boedker -- Couturier -- Schenn
Read -- Laughton -- Simmonds

would be an immense middle six.

On a better offensive team I believe he could peak as a 25-35-60 guy.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
He is best on the left. I think he would be a nice acquisition.

However he is probably not suited to the G-V line due to his skillset, I think he is a pretty ideal 2LW:

Boedker -- Couturier -- Schenn
Read -- Laughton -- Simmonds

would be an immense middle six.

What do you think it would take to get him? Is his skill set that much different that Raffl? I like Raffl but I always thought it was a stretch to our him on the first line, that just so happened to work out.

SchennSational1022*

Most guys on this board will jump at trading BSchenn for Boedker, which I would never do.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
What do you think it would take to get him? Is his skill set that much different that Raffl? I like Raffl but I always thought it was a stretch to our him on the first line, that just so happened to work out.

It is hard to say... I imagine a lot of teams would be in for him.

In comparison to Raffl:

He is faster, even though Raffl is a good skater Boedker would be the fastest on our team.

He is similar defensively, solid D, commits to playing a good two way game.

He is a better passer with better vision than Raffl.

He is probably actually not as natural a goalscorer as Raffl, he is more of a pass first guy... but he seemingly has worked hard over the last few years to shoot more and be a goalscoring threat.

Hence why I would see him as a good fit with Couturier and Schenn... he would bring speed, compliment Couturier as a good defensive winger and be a guy who could finish chances when needed but also help set up Schenn, who is the more 'natural' goalscorer of the 3.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Looking at past trades for similar age players who are proven but have problems with team (cap, not signing, not a great fit) it looks like we would have to start with the 2016 2nd round pick... and then add.

2016 2nd, 2017 2nd + Hagg/Cousins would be in the ballpark I reckon, maybe more if there is a bidding war.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Raffl-G-Voracek
Boedker-Couturier-BSchenn
Read-Gagner-Simmonds
Bellemere-Laughton-White*
Rinaldo/Vinny

Boedker+4th for Umberger+Hagg/Cousins+2016 2nd 2017 2nd?

An old thread of there's a few people say they would be happy with a 1st, prospect and pick. I want to say that was before Christmas though.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I am trying to find a realistic comparison trade... but not often someone that age, that good who is an RFA gets traded.

Would Hagelin +59+179 for Etem + 41 be comparable?
Arizona is not strapped for cash, the exact opposite, but the Rangers were. I don't know if there was any contract disputes with Hagelin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad