Boedker and Hanzal

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Hanzal's value should be higher based on his size, physical nature and the 2 way game he plays. Unfortunately, his body is not holding up hence the fear he may have peaked.

Boeds value > Hanzals value....based on health concerns.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I'd have to say Hanzal has more value on the trade market. I also have to say DM deserves a punch in the face if he trades either of them!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Would you guys consider trading Boedker for Marchand by chance?

I like Marchand but point wise I'm not sure that with this upcoming season whether or not we will see that significant of a spread in points that could justify paying $1.7 M more for Marchand. For a cash strapped franchise like AZ we quite frankly don't have the cash to justify this kind of move IMO.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I see Hanzal as more valuable, although I think Boeds will lead the team in scoring this year. He'll build on last year's breakout season. He nearly led the team in scoring last year; just two points back of Yandle. I see Boedker hitting ~60 points this year.

Domi/Vermette/Boedker could be an interesting line, with Domi feeding pucks to Boedker.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And then Boedker feeding them back to Domi. Who feeds them back to Boedker who goes back to Domi who runs out of room and runs face first into the end boards. Haha

In his defense, Boeds did shoot a little more last season. He also passed up many, many golden opportunities. Old habits die hard, I guess.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I liked the "clone a player" thread in the main forum. Images of 5 Joe Thornton's on a team averaging 1 or 2 SOG per game.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
And then Boedker feeding them back to Domi. Who feeds them back to Boedker who goes back to Domi who runs out of room and runs face first into the end boards. Haha

In his defense, Boeds did shoot a little more last season. He also passed up many, many golden opportunities. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Well, we have been screaming for another finisher for a long time now. But all we got this summer is the subtraction of our best existing finisher. I don't think there is much of a choice right now, no matter which guys are playing with either Domi or Boedker, there isn't going to be a bona fide finisher on the line.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
We'll be fine - Boedker was on pace for 45 points in the lockout shortened season. He improved on those totals while shooting the puck more. He also did so while averaging 30 fewer seconds on the PP in 2013-14 vs. 2012-13 He'll continue to shoot more, so even if his percentage dips, I doubt he goes below 45 points given his trajectory. 50-60 is about where I think he'll fall.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Hey Yotes fans, just wondering what you're expectations are for Boedker ths year?

How many points do you think he'll have and what line will he play on?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hey Yotes fans, just wondering what you're expectations are for Boedker ths year?

How many points do you think he'll have and what line will he play on?

Pencil in for 50 (yet may not crack 20 goals). If he improves closer to 60 (cracking 20 goals).

Lines don't really matter in AZ, so if he is on the "third" don't think anything of it, just look who he is playing with.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Pencil in for 50 (yet may not crack 20 goals). If he improves closer to 60 (cracking 20 goals).

Lines don't really matter in AZ, so if he is on the "third" don't think anything of it, just look who he is playing with.

As long as he gets majority of time with Vermette, and that Mossy is not on his line, that's entirely within expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad