Bobs, defense, or both?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Both have sucked thus far. I have confidence Bob can rebound. I don't have confidence in the defense to rebound.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
both have sucked, but it's really bad that every time the defense makes a mistake Bob can't stop the shot. He's let in quite a bit of deflation goals, but it doesn't help that Tyutin looks like he is turning into Hejda towards his ending, our bottom pair should be in the AHL, and JJ looks like a complete tool out there. We basically are playing with one competent defender in Murray and one okay guy in Savard. Maybe it's time to attempt to switch up the pairs?

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
both have sucked, but it's really bad that every time the defense makes a mistake Bob can't stop the shot. He's let in quite a bit of deflation goals, but it doesn't help that Tyutin looks like he is turning into Hejda towards his ending, our bottom pair should be in the AHL, and JJ looks like a complete tool out there. We basically are playing with one competent defender in Murray and one okay guy in Savard. Maybe it's time to attempt to switch up the pairs?

Murray hasn't really played that well either. And as big of a fan I am of Savard, he hasn't either. Although neither one, (nor JJ) has been nearly as bad as Cotton, Tyutin, or Prout.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
as others have noted not unusual for Bob to get off to a bad start.
Issue is if the defense can play well in meaningful games (ie/ when still competing for the playoffs).

abs94

Oct 14, 2015
Columbus, Ohio
The problem is and I feel like we go through this a lot, the defense makes a mistake and then just thinks that bob can just save us and it will be fine. But in reality we can't bobs can't stop every shot all the time our defense needs to step up!!We can't keep doing that or we will absolutely fail this season.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
The defense is just bad. JJ is one of the worst of the bunch in comparison for what he's getting paid. The whiffed check on Molsen will be the poster child for the fail of the year (so far). Bob has been bad, but its like a fire drill in front of him and the passing is so bad from our defense that there is no breakout because they cant connect any passes.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
My Ducks has started just as horrid as your Jackets. It's obviously way too early to make a big shake up for either team, but I was thinking something small. How do Jacket fans feel about Matt Calvert these days? Could something be made around him and Jiri Sekac?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My Ducks has started just as horrid as your Jackets. It's obviously way too early to make a big shake up for either team, but I was thinking something small. How do Jacket fans feel about Matt Calvert these days? Could something be made around him and Jiri Sekac?

Come back with a trade proposal involving a defenseman and we'll have a chat.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm fine with Murray, JJ, and Savard. They are all okay middle pair types IMO. But Tyutin needs to be sheltered and the other two are not NHL caliber. Bob will recover.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Bryzgalov 2.0 will never return to a good level. I'm not talking about Vezina level, i talking about good level. Good level for me, it's from .920SV and more. I was against extension contract with him for 7,425 and especially when it was made. In the middle of last season, when we sucked as team and when Bryzgalov 2.0 sucked as goalie, JK gives him contract. What the nonsence? Waiting the end of season and start the talking about new contract. Bryzgalov 2.0. was RFA, not UFA.
I then wrote here him need time for party. Five game after extension, in four of them he suck, and only against Wilds was at the good level. Then game vs Jets and injury, out for week. When we played in the end of last season 15-1-1, it's was when we have not had a chance for make play-off, he was normal. Not elite, just normal. This summer i many time heard that Bryzgalov 2.0 well spent time and ready for the season. The season is begin and he sucks. He said "I have zero confidence right now". The most overrated goalie in the entire league. Zero confidence. What the nonsence? I ready keep my 7,425, but i have zero confidence. Four years, four years his contract. Wtf...
I blame Bryzgalov 2.0 in this crap start season no less than richards and more-more-more than our defense.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Our defense has no teeth. They need to start playing with an edge. I'm not advocating stupid penalties, but you gotta make it difficult and painful to park in front of goal. Not a single PIM from a defenseman last night in a 7-3 loss. Gotta be laying some lumber on those guys parking in front of our goal like that.

Spartin03

Dec 9, 2009
The biggest problem with this team right now, is the crap defensive zone system that they run. It has been this way since Richards has been the head coach. Far too often do both defenseman sag below the goal line with no help coming from the wingers, specifically the weak side wing who should be covering the slot once the 2 D men move below the goal line. The same goes for the PK, it is way too helter skelter and way too aggressive (look at Michalek’s goal last night) and they get caught out of position, try to make up for it, and it causes another breakdown and they leave the front of the net wide open. You couple that with your goalie not being able to stop a beach ball right now and you have a recipe for disaster.

It’s the same circus over and over. This is on Richards and the coaching staff, and the better figure it out before this hole gets too big to dig out of. Right now they need to just simplify things because this team is going to score a lot of goals this year, Richards has proved his teams are capable of that, but they better fix the d-zone fast or it will be the same old song and dance.

Kington91

Apr 30, 2012
Grandview Heights
Bryzgalov 2.0 will never return to a good level. I'm not talking about Vezina level, i talking about good level. Good level for me, it's from .920SV and more. I was against extension contract with him for 7,425 and especially when it was made. In the middle of last season, when we sucked as team and when Bryzgalov 2.0 sucked as goalie, JK gives him contract. What the nonsence? Waiting the end of season and start the talking about new contract. Bryzgalov 2.0. was RFA, not UFA.
I then wrote here him need time for party. Five game after extension, in four of them he suck, and only against Wilds was at the good level. Then game vs Jets and injury, out for week. When we played in the end of last season 15-1-1, it's was when we have not had a chance for make play-off, he was normal. Not elite, just normal. This summer i many time heard that Bryzgalov 2.0 well spent time and ready for the season. The season is begin and he sucks. He said "I have zero confidence right now". The most overrated goalie in the entire league. Zero confidence. What the nonsence? I ready keep my 7,425, but i have zero confidence. Four years, four years his contract. Wtf...
I blame Bryzgalov 2.0 in this crap start season no less than richards and more-more-more than our defense.

What? You sound like a rambling loon in this post.

LoveCBJ

Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
It is a combination of all. The forwards need to help on defense too especially on the backside. There is no intensity and we need to check a whole lot more. The Dubinsky-Calvert-Atkinson line look the best and played with speed. Someone needs to tell JJ not to pass backwards on the power play.....drives me nuts. This team needs to play aggressive and maintain that aggression, if not, bring the kids up.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
No goalie can correct defensive mistakes like this, nor can he make saves against that kind of offensive execution. Bob's problem isn't letting a goal like this in, its the mental weakness he has that drags his play down after a goal like this.

Prout and Cotton, WTF guys...

https://streamable.com/cf0y

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I overestimated the defense and you can tell Bob has zero confidence in them or himself. It's ugly, so many stupid plays by the defense. Need to find a trade partner for a legit top 4 (at least) defenseman. Nashville, hello?

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
No goalie can correct defensive mistakes like this, nor can he make saves against that kind of offensive execution. Bob's problem isn't letting a goal like this in, its the mental weakness he has that drags his play down after a goal like this.

Woof.

I was driving home from work at that time so I didn't see that goal until now. Did Connauton get stoned before the game? Take it from me, if it doesnt work in beer league its not going to work in the nhl.

I'd still rather have him in the lineup over tyutin or prout. Does tyuts name still have any value? It bums me out to say, but he's definitely getting pretty long in the tooth.

Tyutin has been a great soldier for the CBJ so id like to unload him before he completely bottoms out and all I'm left with are the memories of the rough ending.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Bob must start praying when he sees the 47- 4 pairing in the defensive zone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad