Value of: Bobrovsky UFA in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think he will become the highest paid goalie in the league.

Not that he should or shouldn't be, just that he will be.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
7 years 9.5 from the islanders. Book it.

y.

I could not disagree more. Especially with the recent report that Sorokin is excited about Lou taking over and excited about playing in the nhl.

I expect a big push to sign Sorokin in 2020

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I could not disagree more. Especially with the recent report that Sorokin is excited about Lou taking over and excited about playing in the nhl.

I expect a big push to sign Sorokin in 2020

I love Sorokin and think he is the real
Deal but the fact is he’s not here and even if he does come over there is no guarantee he will become an elite goalie.

BOB is a top5-10 goalie in his prime. Lou’s history shows he goes after guys he expects to start.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Sabres trade for him, but don't know if he signs an extension there. Think he'll help bring them to the playoffs if traded there this season.

If he doesn't sign with Buffalo I could see him signing with San Jose. But if I were him I'd stay in Columbus and hope Jarmo gives good money. But also if I were in his shoes and didn't want to be with Columbus, I'd go to Buffalo because their future looks bright.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He’s wasting his time playing for Columbus. I hope he finds a contender to play for.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I love Sorokin and think he is the real
Deal but the fact is he’s not here and even if he does come over there is no guarantee he will become an elite goalie.

BOB is a top5-10 goalie in his prime. Lou’s history shows he goes after guys he expects to start.

Isles owners have been proactive with Sorokin, talking to his agent trying to get him to training camp.

His recent pro Lou & pro nhl comments lead me to think the isles will be aggressive in trying to get him over in 2020

Isles will not be making 30/31 yr old Bob the highest paid goalie in the league.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles owners have been proactive with Sorokin, talking to his agent trying to get him to training camp.

His recent pro Lou & pro nhl comments lead me to think the isles will be aggressive in trying to get him over in 2020

Isles will not be making 30/31 yr old Bob the highest paid goalie in the league.

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the Bush.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
From what i've seen, It looks like he's seeking the Price contract.
So the question is, what does Columbus do if they don't want to pay?

It is easy to say that the Price contract was a mistake, but if Columbus lets Bob walk, are they a playoff team anymore? What is that worth? Which goalie could step in? If a team like Calgary finds a way to squeeze in Bob, aren't they an instant contender? Carolina, Florida, Buffalo, St.Louis?

So we can say that overpays are bad, but are they really bad if they can radically shift your team's fortune? Imo the ultimate GM would be one that could make calculated overpays that pay off, and find ways to fill out the depth with cheap players, like good draft picks and smart signings.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
So the question is, what does Columbus do if they don't want to pay?

It is easy to say that the Price contract was a mistake, but if Columbus lets Bob walk, are they a playoff team anymore? What is that worth? Which goalie could step in? If a team like Calgary finds a way to squeeze in Bob, aren't they an instant contender? Carolina, Florida, Buffalo, St.Louis?

So we can say that overpays are bad, but are they really bad if they can radically shift your team's fortune? Imo the ultimate GM would be one that could make calculated overpays that pay off, and find ways to fill out the depth with cheap players, like good draft picks and smart signings.
I would tend to believe that Columbus will definitely look to move Bob, If they don't or can't afford to resign him. Bob definitely makes teams like Carolina, Florida, Buffalo and St Louis playoff teams should they acquire him. He's just that good. I think Bob will look to sign with a legit contender next summer if Columbus doesn't resign him. And as of now it looks pretty unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad