Eklund Rumor: BOBROVSKY!! to Florida (E4)

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
MOD WARNING: As per usual, discuss the value of the trade, and why it would be good/bad, realistic/unrealistic. Posts derailing the thread by complaining about Eklund will be removed. They add nothing to the discussion.

Per his Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
honest question: when was the last time Eklund was right about anything? He makes money by just throwing random proposals on the internet with "more to come". it's not even amateur journalism. I don't understand why he has a tag on HF.

He has a tag to help people like you (people who do not believe his rumors) avoid the topics quoting him/created based on his sources.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
honest question: when was the last time Eklund was right about anything? He makes money by just throwing random proposals on the internet with "more to come". it's not even amateur journalism. I don't understand why he has a tag on HF.

I remember that he had the PAP vs Briere trade but it’s the only one that I remember

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What even makes sense as a trade here? Obviously FLA's 1st or a prospect come to mind but that doesn't make sense for CBJ to win now.
CBJ won't want Reimer as he's too up and down and Luongo is very unlikely to leave FLA.

Reactions: Morrison

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
He was right on the Filppula to the Isles news.

Thing is, he's right once out of like 20 times. So either way you gotta take news like this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
What even makes sense as a trade here? Obviously FLA's 1st or a prospect come to mind but that doesn't make sense for CBJ to win now.
CBJ won't want Reimer as he's too up and down and Luongo is very unlikely to leave FLA.

Solid points, 1st plus good prospect I would guess, maybe another later round pick (4th?)

Then we look to flip something for a stop gap goalie, someone with like 2 years left or something

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Yeah I don't know (I mean, I know what I'd hope, but it'd just make Cats fans angry) but I'd think if CBJ is trading Bob away they might take Reimer back as backup insurance for Korpisalo.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
depending on his next contract demands and trade value, i still think florida could be a playoff team even this season, with trocheck back in the line up, a more constant goaltender...

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I think people overestimate the market for Bob. Whether its deserved or not, his reputation has taken a big hit this season, culminating in the team suspension. GMs of playoff teams aren't exactly eager to bring a guy into the locker room who could be a ticking time bomb. He's also not playing well and will cost too much for most teams to re-sign.

As for Florida, they need better goaltending, and Russians seem to like it there. They lured Dadonov back and then poached Kiselevich from the KHL. The tax relief helps and Florida isn't that far off from future playoffs. Its possible CBJ gave Florida the opportunity to talk with Bob in an effort to boost the return and has another trade in place to acquire another netminder (Howard, Talbot, even Brossoit...).

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Solid points, 1st plus good prospect I would guess, maybe another later round pick (4th?)

Then we look to flip something for a stop gap goalie, someone with like 2 years left or something

I personally wouldn't do it from a FLA pov. Rather offer up the 1st for a top 4 RD and chase Bob in free agency.
Reimer is the stopgap goalie, has 2 years left.

Yeah I don't know (I mean, I know what I'd hope, but it'd just make Cats fans angry) but I'd think if CBJ is trading Bob away they might take Reimer back as backup insurance for Korpisalo.

Reimer + what though? It'd have to be a pretty big plus and just don't feel it's a smart move for FLA or CBJ in that sense, when FLA can wait it out and see if they can lure him in free agency if mutual interest is there.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I just don't understand how Florida takes on another goalie with Luongo's contract. ???

Edit: I guess if they trade Reimer the situation isn't that dire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad