Confirmed with Link: Bobby "The Chief" Taylor stepping down as color guy, will join studio crew

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
#tblightning color analyst Bobby "The Chief'' Taylor announces he will step out of booth at end of season http://shar.es/135cUg via @tbocom

Times article, and the Tribune's is linked above: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...aylor-to-switch-roles-on-lightning-tv/2209707

vader.jpg

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I... I'm sad.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You got to be kidding me.

He has started to really grow on me, this sucks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What's funny is I have a hard time watching Chief, but I still think this is pretty sad.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I thought his health that might be the reason, so I'm glad I'm wrong on that. I'm happy he'll still be helping out, so he's not totally gone.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
That's why you gotta take the body in front of the net. That guy had all day to whack at the puck.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What's funny is I have a hard time watching Chief, but I still think this is pretty sad.

Did you catch the bit when he was arguing about the penalty, and Rick was like um chief they did not call the penalties yet, it was pretty funny.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Did you catch the bit when he was arguing about the penalty, and Rick was like um chief they did not call the penalties yet, it was pretty funny.

RP: "You gotta at least give them a chance to make the call, Chief!"
Chief: "..."

:laugh:

I just hope Dinger is not his replacement. I like the guy but he isn't exactly exciting to listen to.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
That last quote from the article is awesome:

Taylor said he is looking forward to his new gig, but there is one thing he will definitely miss about being in the booth during the action.

"Yeah," Taylor said with a grin, "yelling at the referees."

JS91

May 14, 2014
WTF! NO! WHAT??
No more drinking games feat Chief after this season? This is a sad, sad day for TB fans.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
He's 70? Damn. He probably doesn't want to fly to Winnipeg in December when he can stay in Tampa 365.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
RP: "You gotta at least give them a chance to make the call, Chief!"
Chief: "..."

:laugh:

I just hope Dinger is not his replacement. I like the guy but he isn't exactly exciting to listen to.

I assume they're looking for former players. Andreychuck would be a better option than Dinger, but I'm not sure he'd want the gig. I'm not sure what former Bolts have any TV experience. Yzerman probably has a list of guys in his pocket though (pretty sure Yzerman is actually involved in that decision, after listening to an interview with either Peckham or Mishkin, can't remember, but it really surprised me).

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder what Dino Ciccarelli is doing these days? You want passion? He would bring the passion. I just wouldn't trust him not to go down to ice level to give it to the refs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad