Bobby Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg729

Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
To be honest, he hasn't impressed me.

It's not just the lack of chemistry, he doesn't hustle like Alfie or Conacher.

And where did all this "Spezza-Michalek-Ryan is the best line in hockey" talk come from? Right now Turris is playing much better.

Prove me wrong Ryan!!

Last edited:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Ya I've been a little disappointed so far, but it's the second game of the season. We all know what Bobby Ryan can do, we'll see it soon enough.

jg729

Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Spezza and Michalek playing well (like they did in the last 2 yrs) doesn't say anything about Ryan.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Jury's still out but if he doesn't do anything for 12 games he'll be hung out to dry by the Sens fans.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Has made some really great plays. I'm not gonna comment yet until Michalek off that line.

I think Ryan/Spezza is the problem. They occupy the same space and they both cruise. 9MM is exactly what that line needs. As much as the 2nd unit is clicking right now, I think switching Ryan to Turris' line would work long term - unless of course Ryan figures it out and gets into space like Heatley did or just drives the net like 9MM.

Michalek-Spezza-Conacher
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan

Ryan gives that 2nd unit some more finish and size down low. Conacher gives Spezza someone to pass to who isn't standing beside him.

And in the bottom six gimme:
Zibby-Pageau-Stone
Condra-Smith-Neil

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Super skilled, can't skate worth a damn, has always been a "lone wolf" type player like an Evander Kane or something.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Spezza and Michalek playing well (like they did in the last 2 yrs) doesn't say anything about Ryan.

2 games into the season so too early to tell. However if Ryan doesn't work with Spezza... We could have 3 killer lines later in the season.

1a) Greening - Spezza - Michalek
1b) Conacher - Turris - MacArthur
1c) Zibanejad - Pageau - Ryan

Pageau and Ryan were out together 4-4.

A Condra - Smith - Neil line would be good to maintain possession and cycle as well.

If Cowen - Wiercioch are as good as they have been so far we have 2 very dangerous defence pairings.

This could be an elite team.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
He looks a bit slow but him and Spezza seems to have more chemistry together than Michalek.

There are plenty of different options but I think I would rather have 3 balanced lines than 2 offensive. Reuniting Greening with Spezz and 9mm could be an option, or move Milan with Pageau. I also think we need to recall Zibby soon

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Excited for spezza-ryan, but right now looks like a 2nd liner.

Greening/Conacher-Spezza-Michalek
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan

(Irrelevant: So far we are losing the trade)

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
At least Ryan or Spezza won't be asking $8 Million per for their next contract without everyone laughing.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I hope the 1st line start to get competitive with the 2nd line which has thoroughly outplayed them so far.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Gotta get Michalek off the top line..I don't even care if we trade him..

Offense isn't the issue its our defence. The coverage is poor.

Bad pinches, giveaways and lost battles. The penalty in OT was Jared Cowen messing up the pass and Wiercioch also had some terrible giveways in our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad