Injury Report: Bobby Ryan out for the Season

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well, that makes him a net negative asset for this season.
How do you figure? He went on a hot streak and made a few games interesting, and from everything I see he's been a positive influence on all of the younger players. Now he'll go on LTIR and insurance will wind up paying his salary.

This injury sucks, but Bobby was well worth the $1M salary. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Yeah, I'd sign him for another year. He's a factor on most shifts and his skill is needed for the Wings lack of offence. Good for the kids and in the room as well.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
How do you figure? He went on a hot streak and made a few games interesting, and from everything I see he's been a positive influence on all of the younger players. Now he'll go on LTIR and insurance will wind up paying his salary.

This injury sucks, but Bobby was well worth the $1M salary. I wish him a speedy recovery.
To look at it like its accountancy the idea was any impact he had on the odds of the Wings landing a top 2 pick would be negated (a 2nd rounder for him would be worth dropping lottery odds a few percent) by any assets he could return at the TDL. Without netting any assets at the TDL, his presence in the lineup only made a team that is laughably bad have slightly lower odds of getting a top pick.

Reactions: Unfriendly Ghost

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I hope he has a good recovery and is a part of things moving forward. He has been a really easy guy to root for.

This happens sometimes as I said in the Green thread years ago when people were going ballistic on that...

I don't think we are having a big deadline unless Ilitch opens his wallet big time anyway.

My guess is he is back on a two year deal next year.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
To look at it like its accountancy the idea was any impact he had on the odds of the Wings landing a top 2 pick would be negated (a 2nd rounder for him would be worth dropping lottery odds a few percent) by any assets he could return at the TDL. Without netting any assets at the TDL, his presence in the lineup only made a team that is laughably bad have slightly lower odds of getting a top pick.
If that's the approach then every player besides Nielsen and Djoos has negative value. God forbid we try to win any games.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
:( Bummer Glendening and Ryan were the ones i could definitely see moving by Monday, Perhaps Glendening and Bernier now. Colorado makes too much sense for Bernier. Maybe Holland takes a swipe at Glenny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad