Player Discussion Bobby Orr in Toronto today

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Dream day for 60 of us today who had a VIP experience with the Legend today. What a great guy!
IMG_20180505_132018_065.jpg

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
He certainly was in a pretty good mood considering he had to sit through that nonsense last night at the game.
It's easy to smile ear to ear when you're doing a show charging anywhere from $200 - $850 per autograph and the line is as long as the eye can see.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
It's easy to smile ear to ear when you're doing a show charging anywhere from $200 - $850 per autograph and the line is as long as the eye can see.
That he's charging anything for his autograph is absolutely sickening. I have lost all respect for him because of this.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

You left out the tiny detail that he does many for free and those that he does at shows or from on line offerings where there are a variety of rates per item.......the proceeds go to charities he supports.

But yeah..... some people pay.

Charities

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Is criticizing Bobby Orr explicitly against our board’s rules? If not, it should be

OP, this is awesome. I got to meet Ray Bourque once and I was actually speechless. I’d love to have a chance to meet Bobby

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
That he's charging anything for his autograph is absolutely sickening. I have lost all respect for him because of this.
First off those are the rates charged by frameworth not him and they give him a per centage. 2ndly frameworth pursued him to do this, not the other way around. Should he just agree to come and do the signing for frameworth and let them keep all the money? Frameworth sets all the pricing based on what they think fans will pay and based on the lines, I think they have it figured out.
The guy didn't play in an era where he made copious amounts of money like they do today, so why shouldn't he make some money on the side giving fans what they obviously want? The guy is one of the kindest most charitable people on the planet so if you have lost all respect for him, I think it says a lot more about you than it does him. lol
I never really thought anyone could put a negative spin on what was such a positive event in mine and others' lives. Congratulations.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
First off those are the rates charged by frameworth not him and they give him a per centage. 2ndly frameworth pursued him to do this, not the other way around. Should he just agree to come and do the signing for frameworth and let them keep all the money? Frameworth sets all the pricing based on what they think fans will pay and based on the lines, I think they have it figured out.
The guy didn't play in an era where he made copious amounts of money like they do today, so why shouldn't he make some money on the side giving fans what they obviously want? The guy is one of the kindest most charitable people on the planet so if you have lost all respect for him, I think it says a lot more about you than it does him. lol
I never really thought anyone could put a negative spin on what was such a positive event in mine and others' lives. Congratulations.

Well, that is his specialty. It’s what he does

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
You left out the tiny detail that he does many for free and those that he does at shows or from on line offerings where there are a variety of rates per item.......the proceeds go to charities he supports.

But yeah..... some people pay.

Charities
Easy now - nowhere in my comment does it state that I have any issue with what he's doing. I've shipped of send-ins for signature to bobbyorr.com on multiple occasions. If they will pay it, then charge it. Simple economics.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
You were there?
No, but a buddy of mine from Mississauga was and he said it was a monstrous expo, with Orr being a huge attraction during signing. Was thinking of sending him something for signature, but the rates are better on bobbyorr.com

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
20 years ago Bobby and his son walked into a long gone Harvard Square sportsbar. The Bruins were playing the Whalercanes in a playoff game.

NOBODY approached him to even say Hi or ask for an autograph - NOBODY.

After he paid his check and got up to leave, the entire bar broke into applause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad