Bobby Hull forgotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

The guy in his prime was just awesome. Say 1960-1970.

That footage of him slapping a puck from a standing start and the goalie getting out of the way and waving his catching mitt at it (WHA?); his speed strength.

Very much forgotten. Had he stayed in NHL may still hold most goals record.

chooch*

Bobby is kind of like Willie Mays - you know 54 more home runs and hes better than Ruths total kind of thing; if Bobby at 32 after a 50 goal season in the NHL doesnt go to the WHA, he puts up goals numbers maybe Gretzky cant beat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah for sure Bobby Hull is not forgotten. He is the best left winger of all time bar none. No one has led the league in goals as many times as he did in his NHL career. I bet you didnt know that stat. It was 7 times. Richard led it five times, as did Wayne, and Mario led the league 3 times. Pretty good company I think. He still owns the hardest shot in NHL history.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
chooch said:
if Bobby at 32 after a 50 goal season in the NHL doesnt go to the WHA, he puts up goals numbers maybe Gretzky cant beat.
Bobby Hull was an incredible player, but I'm not sure about that. Here are the major-league leaders in career goals scored:

1. Gordie Howe - 975
2. Wayne Gretzky - 940
3. Bobby Hull - 913
4. Brett Hull - 741
5. Marcel Dionne - 731

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
chooch said:
The guy in his prime was just awesome. Say 1960-1970.

That footage of him slapping a puck from a standing start and the goalie getting out of the way and waving his catching mitt at it (WHA?); his speed strength.

Very much forgotten. Had he stayed in NHL may still hold most goals record.

Indeed he was awesome. I wonder how he'd have gone against goalies with modern protective helmets and chest protectors. Guys not afraid of dying from the slapshot if it hit them and prepared to put their bodies in the way without much fear.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
David Puddy said:
Bobby Hull was an incredible player, but I'm not sure about that. Here are the major-league leaders in career goals scored:

1. Gordie Howe - 975
2. Wayne Gretzky - 940
3. Bobby Hull - 913
4. Brett Hull - 741
5. Marcel Dionne - 731

i think he could had played another few yrs towards the end of his career

and been over 1000 goals

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hull was a helluva player..as a matter of fact in the dark days of hockey in Boston..I remember my Dad going into the games just to see Hull when Chicago came to town.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Leaf Lander said:
i think he could had played another few yrs towards the end of his career

and been over 1000 goals

You do realize that Hull was completely washed up by the time he retired, right?? No offence, he was the greatest left wing ever, but would have needed a few dozen more seasons to get 250 plus goals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad