Injury Report: Bobby Brink has hip injury during off-season workouts. Undergoes Surgery ; Out For Five Months (Jul. 26)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
At least he didn't pull a Laczynski and take his bad hip right into training camp to break down as soon the season starts. I also takes some courage to admit that something isn't right and won't be right anytime soon.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Even if we finished dead last we won't win the lottery, we'd fall out of top3 because we are cursed lol

Lottery is a joke now anyway. Better chance to drop right?

The odds should always be statistically "better" ---- to stay put at where you finished --- than to drop

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Laczynski and Allison are healthy to start the season, they’re 2 of the top 9 skaters. Add Cates too in the mix. It’s not a question of should they make the lineup on merit.
Allison yes.

I'm more on the fence with Laczynski, his skating leaves me wanting more, I want to see him in TC show that he can skate well enough to be a solid center, b/c we certainly don't need another RW. Same with Marody.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Lottery is a joke now anyway. Better chance to drop right?

The odds should always be statistically "better" ---- to stay put at where you finished --- than to drop

Is it even possible otherwise?

Someone will win the lottery. That someone will now be #1.

Every single team that was in front of it must be pushed down.

So unless you have better odds at winning 1st overall than all other team combined, the chances you will move down are greater the closer you are to 1st initially.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Is it even possible otherwise?

Someone will win the lottery. That someone will now be #1.

Every single team that was in front of it must be pushed down.

So unless you have better odds at winning 1st overall than all other team combined, the chances you will move down are greater the closer you are to 1st initially.

I’d like the worst team to have over a 50% chance at winning the lottery

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They had to get rid of the worst team being guaranteed #1 or 2 in the draft because of Buffalo’s tanking in 2015. Serves them right that they only got Eichel, and then wasted him.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
If Laczynski and Allison are healthy to start the season, they’re 2 of the top 9 skaters. Add Cates too in the mix. It’s not a question of should they make the lineup on merit.
Poor Laczynski, such a promising role player wasted.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You have to stay healthy, Laczynski finally showed some burst the last couple games before he got re-injured, before then he wasn't the same player he was when he first came up to the Flyers. When he returns, he should go to LHV to work his way back into game shape.

You can see the same with Allison, it took a couple weeks for him to get his game legs back, and he didn't have surgery on both hips - since then he's been one of their best forwards.

It's one reason I'm happy for Brink to spend a couple months in LHV - don't want him in the NHL until he's 100% - it's tough enough for a rookie, even tougher when you can't skate like you normally do.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
You have to stay healthy, Laczynski finally showed some burst the last couple games before he got re-injured, before then he wasn't the same player he was when he first came up to the Flyers. When he returns, he should go to LHV to work his way back into game shape.

You can see the same with Allison, it took a couple weeks for him to get his game legs back, and he didn't have surgery on both hips - since then he's been one of their best forwards.

It's one reason I'm happy for Brink to spend a couple months in LHV - don't want him in the NHL until he's 100% - it's tough enough for a rookie, even tougher when you can't skate like you normally do.
I'm hoping that with the surgery on his hips that he does not skate normally when he comes back , I hope it's much better . I have stated before that I like everything about his game other that his skating . His skating between the bluelines is down right awful stride wise and speed wise . It never affected him in college and probably won't in the AHL either but in the NHL it's a killer . Here's hoping .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad