Injury Report: Bobby Brink has hip injury during off-season workouts. Undergoes Surgery ; Out For Five Months (Jul. 26)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ok, they’re entertaining again. The whole team is going full Magic. :laugh:

magic-johnson-earvin-johnson.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I’d imagine at worst he was the top forward call-up option. So this is just another sign of the obvious for this organization that a reset for next year should be in order at a minimum.
Just think of the veterany vet they are going to bring in and use this injury as well as Allison and Tanner as the reason why.

Somewhere Jay Beagle just got a call from his agent and they are giddy.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Expected order of events:

1. Today.
2. The other hip falls off on a trip to the mailbox.
3. They replace it with a ball bearing and send him out in Game 71 in a desperate push for the 7 seed.
4. The original hip is re-injured in the blast created when Ryan Ellis tries to skate again.
5. They trade him when he's not ready to open 22-23 because they need an extra 75k in cap space.

I'm one malt vinegar cocktail away from being Beef. This isn't so bad, really.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Expected order of events:

1. Today.
2. The other hip falls off on a trip to the mailbox.
3. They replace it with a ball bearing and send him out in Game 71 in a desperate push for the 7 seed.
4. The original hip is re-injured in the blast created when Ryan Ellis tries to skate again.
5. They trade him when he's not ready to open 22-23 because they need an extra 75k in cap space.

I'm one malt vinegar cocktail away from being Beef. This isn't so bad, really.
Desperate push for the 7th seed ala Lappy and the Phantoms pushing for the playoffs as they sat as the worst team in the conference?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Brink may be their highest upside guy in general let alone of the ones close to playing in the NHL (Foerster is the second highest but probably not really in the cards for this year). Every team needs ELC contributors but especially a team like the Flyers that have such cap/talent issues.

So for me that is an important guy even if he isn’t established. So when you add that to Ellis & Farabee missing the start at a minimum. Couturier & Hayes coming off injuries. This is all known before the off-season even ended. So to me there is no excuse if they continue to barrel through this & have an underwhelming season. This isn’t something that caught you off guard I definitely don’t want to hear it this year. Not that I was really hearing it last year anyway.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
So as of now, the opening night roster is:

JVR-Couts-Konecny
Lindblom-Hayes-Atkinson
Laughton-Frost-Tippet
Cates-Brown-????

Provorov-Deangelo
Sanheim-Fisto
York-Attard

Hart
Sandstrom

Injured: Farabee, Ellis, Brink

Atrocious. Friendly reminder that this roster is currently the 3rd highest payroll in the leauge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad