Confirmed with Link: Bob signs extension (4 year, 7.425 AAV)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So if Bob signed a 6 year deal for 40.95 million 2 years ago, would people look at this any differently?

same money and same term, just broken up into 2 contracts instead of 1 large one with a cap hit of 6.825 over the course of the 6 years.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So if Bob signed a 6 year deal for 40.95 million 2 years ago, would people look at this any differently?

same money and same term, just broken up into 2 contracts instead of 1 large one with a cap hit of 6.825 over the course of the 6 years.

Interesting way to look at it. I'm sure the should have signed him earlier guys will say that if we had signed him long term back then we would have saved money over the 6 years.

I for one am happy that its turned out this way. Risk is minimized and Bob will, hopefully, only get better.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I just saw that Bob's contract is front loaded (8.5,8.5,6.5,6.2) so while the cap hit would go with him a lower salary for the last two years makes him a bit more tradeable if things don't work out or if Forsberg surpasses him. Not saying these things are going to happen but it's always nice to know you have these little things in your bag of tricks.

I like this thought. :yo:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Acceptable contract and reasonable term. Great russian soul, there isn't reason don't drink at least 2-3 games.
7,425 Wanna party. The first guest must be Holmgren, second guest must be Bryzgalov.

:laugh:

It's funny how things work sometimes. Bob can't complain and probably owes Holmgrem and Bryz many drinks:laugh:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think the money is what one expect while the term is great. I much prefer this contract to a 6.5 to $7 million deal over six years. I believe Bob is our single most important player and it was important to retain him to avoid stepping backwards.

Dobber

Jan 7, 2015
That makes him higher paid than any goalie but Tuukka Rask or Henrik Lundqvist. It’s probably a bit of an overpay but Bobrovsky is capable of playing like the third best goalie in the league. .

The big thing is that the Blue Jackets absolutely had to get this deal done and get it done now. They couldn’t go into the summer with uncertainty in goal and they could not allow Bobrovsky to test the free agent market. Someone would have given him more money and more years. This is the single most important signing in franchise history.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
That makes him higher paid than any goalie but Tuukka Rask or Henrik Lundqvist. It’s probably a bit of an overpay but Bobrovsky is capable of playing like the third best goalie in the league. .

The big thing is that the Blue Jackets absolutely had to get this deal done and get it done now. They couldn’t go into the summer with uncertainty in goal and they could not allow Bobrovsky to test the free agent market. Someone would have given him more money and more years. This is the single most important signing in franchise history.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, he is definitely capable of playing like a top 3 goalie, and has proven himself.

Love Bobs!

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Acceptable contract and reasonable term. Great russian soul, there isn't reason don't drink at least 2-3 games.
7,425 Wanna party. The first guest must be Holmgren, second guest must be Bryzgalov.

Flyers fan here and I com in peace. Glad Bob is working out for you guys but we are having a party also and maybe you can help me? I am looking for Scott Howson's address and cannot find it. Thanks again and Steve Mason says "Hi".:sarcasm:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Flyers fan here and I com in peace. Glad Bob is working out for you guys but we are having a party also and maybe you can help me? I am looking for Scott Howson's address and cannot find it. Thanks again and Steve Mason says "Hi".:sarcasm:
We'd say hi to mase if you guys would let him play when the Flyers are in town. I understand he is a delicate flower though.

I guess he has played here. Once.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'll say it.... he has stunk since the new contract.....

Bob, you have met me, in Buffalo last year on the elevator at the Embassy Suites... We were on a six game winning streak at the time that led to the playoffs... listen up, you are not consistent!!! You are good but you are not a Dominator!!! Get better dude!!!

Think Dominik Hasek!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'll say it.... he has stunk since the new contract.....

Bob, you have met me, in Buffalo last year on the elevator at the Embassy Suites... We were on a six game winning streak at the time that led to the playoffs... listen up, you are not consistent!!! You are good but you are not a Dominator!!! Get better dude!!!

:facepalm: He was thrown into the fire tonight and he burned.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
In the 3 games played since signing his huge contract extension, Bob has a GAA of 4.00 and a save percentage of .882.

Pretty crazy, Bob has faced under 30 shots in a game just twice in the past twelve games dating back to Dec. 11th.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
In the 3 games played since signing his huge contract extension, Bob has a GAA of 4.00 and a save percentage of .882.

Pretty crazy, Bob has faced under 30 shots in a game just twice in the past twelve games dating back to Dec. 11th.

Keep the stats coming, stats don't lie..... Bob has not been good this season other than December..... As the goalie goes so goes the team...

If I where Bob... which I am, I'd take that four year contract now..... before things get worse..... lol (Bob has a smart agent)

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Keep the stats coming, stats don't lie..... Bob has not been good this season other than December..... As the goalie goes so goes the team...

If I where Bob... which I am, I'd take that four year contract now..... before things get worse..... lol (Bob has a smart agent)
maybe the goalie is sucking because the team in front of him is playing like a bottom dweller? ya know, like when they get doubled in shots on goal?

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I wrote after his new contract, that Bob need few games for celebrate it.
Russian soul, can not do anything.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Bob is the only reason last night's game was even close. We would have been done in the second period if not for him standing on his head. Why are we even talking about this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad