News Article: Bob Miller will work reduced schedule this year. Kings will hire another PBP man

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Steve Levy has been doing a pretty good job for years calling games. Although it might be hard to pry him away from ESPN for a few dozen games.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL 1h1 hour ago
A little LA Kings news - Hearing @CCtsn (Chris Cuthbert) on short list to replace Bob Miller on Eastern roadies. Could be finalized next wk.

Deal with Cuthbert & Kings hasn't been finalized, but could be very soon. At least two other candidates believed to also be in the running.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
A little LA Kings news - Hearing @CCtsn (Chris Cuthbert) on short list to replace Bob Miller on Eastern roadies. Could be finalized next wk.

Deal with Cuthbert & Kings hasn't been finalized, but could be very soon. At least two other candidates believed to also be in the running.

Cuthbert a solid guy to have calling the game.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site

Excellent choice.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Holy ****. Cuthbert is my absolute favorite going back to almost diapers.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Wow... I'll be really impressed if the Kings can land Cuthbert. He is one of the best.

That would be like the Dodgers landing Dan Shulman post-Scully.

Some of Cuthbert's work:

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
didn't recognize the name at first but as soon as I played the clip I recognized the voice instantly. He's really good. Hard to believe he doesn't have a full time job already...

He does with TSN and does CFL games, but since they lost the NHL deal he's been doing more CFL games than NHL. He also works for NBC Sports.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wow... I'll be really impressed if the Kings can land Cuthbert. He is one of the best.

That would be like the Dodgers landing Dan Shulman post-Scully.

Some of Cuthbert's work:

On of the most critical goals in Kings history (tying the game with 7 seconds left). They don't win the cup without it.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Watching the coffee with Bob segment today he had Dean Lombardi (angry Dean Lombardi may I add) as a guest. For the first time, Bob, in his infinite youth, looked like he had aged quite a bit. I would imagine the surgery has to be very difficult on you when you are older. I would think he will retire in the not too distant future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad