Bob McKenzie's Top Prospects List

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Wow, Faksa is rising fast, and I would suspect he will even more.

Looks like a more offensively oriented Landeskog clone, if he was an elite skater he'd be top 3.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Ugh..Craig Button is an embarrassment. I really hope we don't pick Dumba when Murray is available.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

Looks like a more offensively oriented Landeskog clone, if he was an elite skater he'd be top 3.

He is a really good skater. Big long stride.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I don't want to toot my own horn too much but I was the first one to make a thread about radek faksa after I saw him play for the first time in the rangers first pre season game. Thought he looked great and had considerable upside and I've been high on him ever since.

Faksa fanboy here

arsmaster*

Surprised to see Finn at 28th, thought he'd be a 12-18th type.

Another surprise were 2 goalies in the top 25.

If my team has a pick in the 25-30th range, I'd hope they could get two two 2nd rounders (35th to 45th).

So many names I fear will end up in Detroit.

spfan

May 4, 2009

Landeskog is quite a bit better offensively than Faksa.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
reading the profiles of these prospects makes it seem like a pretty weak draft

Disagree. With a 20-30 pick, you could still have the option of picking a prospect with 2nd line potential or 2nd pairing potential. Thats a great thing.

However, past around 35, I think theres a drop in quality.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Landeskog is quite a bit better offensively than Faksa.

I disagree

I think faksa has more offensive upside than landeskog. Faksa doesn't really touch landeskogs physicality or drive to the net attitude and although faksa is a great skater he is not as good as landeskog.

spfan

May 4, 2009
I disagree

I think faksa has more offensive upside than landeskog. Faksa doesn't really touch landeskogs physicality or drive to the net attitude and although faksa is a great skater he is not as good as landeskog.

Well they played on the same team and comparing draft year stats Landeskog looks much better offensively. Landeskog is producing well in the NHL too. I see Faksa as a 2nd/3rd liner in the NHL. Not sure he should be a top 10 pick. He for sure is a safe pick, but i don't see tons of potential compared to like a Collberg or Aberg or the many d-men in the draft.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Faksa might be this years Huberdeau according to Bob.. hmm.. interesting..

I know this is just a ranking of talent, but I have my doubts that any team will use a 1st on Vasilevski. Teams doesn't seem to like to draft goalies in the 1st round, and when you also got the russian factor involved..

Yakupov the clear #1 with 9 first votes according to Bob. Didn't think it was that big of a gap, but clearly the scouts say so. Well, there's still a lot of hockey to be played.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Well they played on the same team and comparing draft year stats Landeskog looks much better offensively. Landeskog is producing well in the NHL too. I see Faksa as a 2nd/3rd liner in the NHL. Not sure he should be a top 10 pick. He for sure is a safe pick, but i don't see tons of potential compared to like a Collberg or Aberg or the many d-men in the draft.

I disagree and I don't see what gives you that indication.

Landeskog was playing prime first line minutes while faksa has been playing with Lorentz and a mix of other not so talented players on the second line while putting up a PPG pace

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I noticed in the other thread you posted that you had him at 5th in the WHL. So yeah, consider the rest of the CHL, US and Europe and you're pushing 13th.

My top ten is:

1. Yakupov
2. Grigorenko

3. Forsberg

4. Murray
5. Dumba
6. Trouba
7. Galchenyuk

8. Reinhart
9. Reilly
10. Gaunce (I still really like him)

HM Faska, Girgenson, Maatta, Ceci, Collberg, Pouliot. The 8-10 is really hard to fit so many good players in.

I kinda spaced it to indicate where it could be a tossup. Really for me 8-15 is a tossup in many ways.

I did pretty darn well too. Really only difference is having Forsberg and Murray flipped and Gaunce down two spots.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Surprised to see Finn at 28th, thought he'd be a 12-18th type.

Another surprise were 2 goalies in the top 25.

If my team has a pick in the 25-30th range, I'd hope they could get two two 2nd rounders (35th to 45th).

So many names I fear will end up in Detroit.

Finn should be a steal imo

arsmaster*

Disagree. With a 20-30 pick, you could still have the option of picking a prospect with 2nd line potential or 2nd pairing potential. Thats a great thing.

However, past around 35, I think theres a drop in quality.

really i like more guys in the HM, for late 1st...Bystrom and Thrower.

Dont see how Tom Wilson is a top 20 pick.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
reading the profiles of these prospects makes it seem like a pretty weak draft
I agree. That run from 12-15
12. Ceci
Not skilled enough to be a top power play guy in the NHL or physical enough to be a shutdown defenceman, but his smarts and overall game could land him the third or fourth spot on an NHL depth chart.

14. Matta
A solid third or fourth defenceman

15. Koekkoek
a reliable fourth or fifth defenceman

If I'm drafting in the Top 15, I'm hoping for something better than a 4-5th defencemen. I'd rather move that pick for a couple seconds and take some home-run swings rather than use a high pick on a guy who might one day play on my third defensive pairing!

Dont see how Tom Wilson is a top 20 pick.
Easy. Two words: Milan Lucic. Wilson looked like an absolute beast in the prospect game, hammering guys left and right and just being the most physically dominant player on the ice. His offensive numbers are slightly better than Milan Lucic's were in his draft year. Scouts are hoping to do the same thing Boston did in 2006.

spfan

May 4, 2009
I disagree and I don't see what gives you that indication.

Landeskog was playing prime first line minutes while faksa has been playing with Lorentz and a mix of other not so talented players on the second line while putting up a PPG pace

I see him falling by the end of the rankings. Like with Tyler Biggs and Riley Sheahan.

He's a good player, I just don't see him as great.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Can someone inform me on who Brian Hart is? Honestly never heard of him before.

Also, good rankings. Not much I can argue, but I will disagree with Finn's projection. I think he'll be a top 4 defenseman at bare minimum.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Easy. Two words: Milan Lucic. Wilson looked like an absolute beast in the prospect game, hammering guys left and right and just being the most physically dominant player on the ice. His offensive numbers are slightly better than Milan Lucic's were in his draft year. Scouts are hoping to do the same thing Boston did in 2006.

He's going to be this years Dylan McIlrath forward version. I think he has a shot at the top 10. Not based on skill, but he's that big bruising forward that every team would love to have against the opposing team, not face.

Actually, I don't think his hands are that bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad