Bob McKenzie Mid-Season Draft Ranking

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023

The definitive draft ranking. Everyone that is anyone knows that this is the holy grail of draft rankings. It is out at 11:30. Celebrini will be at #1 but who eill be the biggest riser from his initial list?

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It's the ranking that most closely corresponds to how the draft will shake out based on a poll of actual NHL scouts. The "holy grail" of accuracy of how good players will be, just depends on your preferences I guess.

Reactions: Kalv

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I also think Eiserman and Demidov take a tumble.

Just to expand. I’m going to guess there are big tumbles down the list in store for Eiserman, Demidov, Jiricek, Kiviharju, Mews and Elick. I think Lindstrom, Buium, and Iginla will rocket up the list.

The names I’m most interested in seeing where they end up are Letourneau, Surin, Solberg and Pulkkinen.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I haven’t kept up with the US program whatsoever this season, what’s the reason everyone see Eiserman dropping? His lack of a dynamic game and just being a goal scorer? Because those goal numbers are incredibly impressive

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I haven’t kept up with the US program whatsoever this season, what’s the reason everyone see Eiserman dropping? His lack of a dynamic game and just being a goal scorer? Because those goal numbers are incredibly impressive
Very little improvement from last year, not very dynamic, and plays a style of play that isn't desired by NHL scouts. He scores a lot of goals, but these goal scoring wingers that don't bring much more to the table fall a lot on draft day. Think Oliver Wahlstrom and Alexander Holtz. Both were projected higher than they went.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You know how everyone kind of always hated Phil Kessel even though he scored a lot of goals and always put up points? Yeah

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
-he's really good at hockey
-he's huge
-he skates like the wind
-he plays the most coveted position

I'm no expert, I've barely seen him. But if you don't get it then you're overthinking it.
Dont think he skates like the wind and I think he has questionable IQ and decision making. He reminds me of Matthew Wood last year. Wood has much better decision making and IQ, but Lindstrom is a marginally better skater. Both are non physical big forwards.

MikeyS

Aug 28, 2023
Non physical, i don’t think you’ve watched Lindstrom then lol.
I’ve seen plenty. Seems like you just disagree with me and automatically go with the “ you have never seen him play“ card. Typical around this website.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I’ve seen plenty. Seems like you just disagree with me and automatically go with the “ you have never seen him play“ card. Typical around this website.
Not trying to be an insult or anything. Just the times i’ve watched him he was plenty physical and had a pest side to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad