Music: Bob Marley

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's got so many great songs I couldn't pick a favorite. I highly recommend Bob Marley Songs of Freedom. It's a 4 disk set with a total of 78 songs. 1st disk is the early years - Judge Not, One Cup of Coffee, Simmer Down, Small Axe, etc.. Some of my favorites would be Kaya, Small Axe, Running Away, I'm Hurting Inside, Natural Mystic, so many others.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hands down this is my favorite version of this song:

Unfortunately the audio was from a recording where some of the tape go chewed up and they edited out part of a verse but they improved the quality so there is that.

I owned a cassette album as a teenager that had this song on it with a version I can't find anywhere. I believe it was an acoustic version. so sad.

Bob used a speech made by the Emperor of Ethiopia, Halie Selasie I spoke to the United Nations General Assembly as his lyrics.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A big fan of reggae and Bob in particular. It's rather popular in the Netherlands and particularly in some select coffeeshops in Amsterdam.
I follow Ajax Amsterdam and they play a tribute to him at games and have a 3rd jersey tribute to Bob.
His song Ziggy just did short tribute to his father at a festival and it was pretty cool.
I'm partial to three little birds and it's epic when they sing at games.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
First Marley song that I was exposed to was "Jammin" so it's always been among my favorites.

I'd have to say my favorite is "Three Little Birds". When I was on summer break during college I would go out on my back porch to indulge in Bob's favorite substance and there was a group of three little birds that would sit on the table right by my doorstep. It was poetically symbolic and has always made this song hold a special place in my heart.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No one did more to define a genre than Marley.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad