Injury Report: Bob is back.....

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
What's remarkable about Korpis that He has compiled a 13-3-3 record with a 2.28 goals against average and a .929 save percentage in 19 starts since January 13. Personally , I don't think Bob is the better goalie. I know I will get some countering views , but at no point this season did Bob play anywhere near that.

It is smart to send him down, and let him experience the pressure of the playoffs, and that is the only thing the jackets are concerned about right now. If we were in the playoff race, he would be staying up. Hopefully Bob can stay healthy , and regain his Vezina form. I fully expect there to be a battle at camp for the job.

Yes you will lol. And you're wrong about Bob 'but at no point this season did Bob play anywhere near that'.

Went 8-3-0 with 1.82 GAA and .940 SV% in Nov
That was pre Jones as well. Bob started out the year looking like *******, no denying it, but to say Bob didn't play well this year is a misnomer.

Bobs stats since Torts took over,
11-7-1 .921 SA% and a 1.95 GAA.

Thats including 2 games where he got hurt and one game after a month off for his first injury:headache:

Dude played well, without having the benefit of a Jones. It's like a lot of fans stopped watching after the first 2 weeks. Bob was hot and there were many games where he was the only reason we were even competitive.

Korpi is amazing and we are lucky to be even having this debate as usually for us CBJ fans, its not a case of 'too much of good thing'. I am very disappointed by Jarmo and his comments about Korpi being in the AHL next year as these 2 make a formidable combo.

Either of these guys with CMac as backup, eh yuck.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What's remarkable about Korpis that He has compiled a 13-3-3 record with a 2.28 goals against average and a .929 save percentage in 19 starts since January 13. Personally , I don't think Bob is the better goalie. I know I will get some countering views , but at no point this season did Bob play anywhere near that.

Nice to know all that weed didn't ruin my memory. It seems I'm the only one who remembers Bob was actually playing about .950 for about a month, I think mid November through his first injury. He was on fire, better than Korpi for a while.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
[Q[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Nice to know all that weed didn't ruin my memory. It seems I'm the only one who remembers Bob was actually playing about .950 for about a month, I think mid November through his first injury. He was on fire, better than Korpi for a while.

Here's his game log, brutal start, much better nov- early December. Unfortunately the first 8 games put us out of playoffs . Not all his blame , but a ton of soft goals. Korpi is a rookie that put up crazy numbers in final 20 games. Let's see how Bob plays the next 10 games . We should have a better idea

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475683&season=20152016&view=gamelog

Last edited:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

It is smart to send him down, and let him experience the pressure of the playoffs, and that is the only thing the jackets are concerned about right now. If we were in the playoff race, he would be staying up. Hopefully Bob can stay healthy , and regain his Vezina form. I fully expect there to be a battle at camp for the job.

thanks for those Korpi stats, I've been wondering what his overall numbers were but didn't bother to figure it out. Pretty remarkable.

Now, Korpisalo has pro-hockey pedigree, so I expect/hope he's a professional for the Monsters' playoff run. And I don't mean to condone Joey's petulance when it came to his demotion to Springfield for their playoff run a couple years ago. I'm just wondering, if you're a kid working to get into the NHL, and then you did and you excelled, even though being sent down to a playoff chase is logical, it must be a little tough to get as motivated to stop shots against non-NHLers. Maybe it's more of a high to stop Jagr on a breakaway than to stop an AHL player once you've already "established" in your mind that you can compete in the bigs.

Not really trying to make a point here, but if the Monsters are eliminated early and Korpi's numbers aren't comparable, I'm not sure where I'll file that.

Anyway, welcome back, Bob! Gonna be good to see him back in net and here's hoping his time in this late, lost season is productive. I imagine he appreciates what Korpisalo has done in his absence.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Let's see how Bob plays the next 10 games . We should have a better idea

I'd give him 2 or 3 games before I'd start any real judgement.

With the posts going on around here, Bob did have a great Nov/Dec. Then again we know how good he can be. Actually Bob did and has played better. Korp has done amazingly well, but he's 21. No rush.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
No one to my knowledge has questioned whether Bob is a good goalie. When he is in the zone he is a dominant goalie. The problem is it takes him the first quarter of the season to get into his zone. And, yes, we do have a pretty good sample size of that.

If Korpi plays well in the AHL play-offs, and continues his great play in training camp next season, why not keep him here as insurance for another typical Bob start?

As far as CMac goes, the guy has shown that in spot starts he isn't a bad guy to have as a back-up. The problem is that when Bob's brittle groin makes it's annual appearance, CMac isn't the one you want in goal to carry the load till Bob returns.

Last edited:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'd give him 2 or 3 games before I'd start any real judgement.

With the posts going on around here, Bob did have a great Nov/Dec. Then again we know how good he can be. Actually Bob did and has played better. Korp has done amazingly well, but he's 21. No rush.

My whole position.

We are in a good spot, we should embrace the change for once.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Usually not the biggest fan of Bob McElligott but, after listening to CBJ in 30 yesterday I feel better about Korpi being sent down.

Bobrovsky had some good comments about why he's "helped" Korpi and the team in general.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I guess I see why people might think Korpisalo is pissed about being send down, but I don't think it's an issue. From what I've seen of him I get the impression he's pretty settled, very mature, and has a good head. His highs weren't too high emotionally and the lows weren't very low (laughing about a goal from the other end).

Unfortunately, I think he'll be recalled before the end of the season.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
I think it's not wise to send down the only goalie in the team who's stable.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
8426f21ede2d2553ce4014850dd3ef84.jpg

We never know our fate. Let's walk together into the bright future. Carry the Flag!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If it's another groin injury, our entire medical staff should be fired immediately.

If it is I have to wonder about JK/JD too. I would have shut him down for the year and threatened him with hockey Siberia if he played in whatever World thing is in May. And I am not a big fan of him playing in the World thing September version.

If its the flu I still think he should have been shut down and same thoughts about the World.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I heard that 100's times last year with all the abdominal injuries

I chalked the abdominal injuries up to the offseason training program.

In between somehow okaying Horton's physical health, Murray getting 3 knee injuries last year, and possibly now Bob, I'd have a hard time believing they're competent.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Usually not the biggest fan of Bob McElligott but, after listening to CBJ in 30 yesterday I feel better about Korpi being sent down.

Personally I think Bob McElligott is slicker than the butter on a BBQ biscuit. Who better to announce all the goings on? The criss-cross applesauce, the spinsturns, etc...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 25s25 seconds ago

Korpisalo's recall is an emergency recall, but told G Sergei Bobrovsky is not injured.

I guess it was only ~25 minutes, but it's kind of dopey of the team to let Portzline find out about the recall before the injury (or lack thereof)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Because its an emergency recall either Bob or C-Mac has to be sick. If its C-Mac I imagine its a 98.7 degree fever giving Korpi the start tomorrow.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
maybe the emergency is Torts on the verge on a stroke since Korpi was sent down they have regressed and can't win a game

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2m2 minutes ago
John Tortorella says Curtis McElhinney is injured and out "for a while."

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
maybe the emergency is Torts on the verge on a stroke since Korpi was sent down they have regressed and can't win a game

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 2m2 minutes ago
John Tortorella says Curtis McElhinney is injured and out "for a while."

Damn. Wanted to see C-Mac play a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad