Confirmed with Link: Bob Hartley to coach 2014-2015 Calgary Flames

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I figured it probably deserved its own thread.

Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 2h
.@Burkie2020 confirms Bob Hartley will coach the #Flames next season.

Not that it should surprise anyone who has watched this team. The guys gave 100% and Hartley never seemed get frustrated as long as they kept working. I think he is the perfect coach for the rebuild.

Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 4h
"Those guys, they went through the wall for us ... I love my players ... We're a big family." - #Flames head coach Bob Hartley

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Calgary is going to be a playoff contender within the next five years because of this coach.. Love the work ethic!!

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I really hope that even if we bottom out next season losing Cammy. Hartley isn't lost in the re-build.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really feel that Hartley may be the best the coach the Flames have ever had, he's definitely the perfect guy for the job right now. I'm buying what he's selling and so is our team.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
For a coach that was brought in to bring an underachieving group of vets to the playoffs, Hartley really has adapted well into a great mentor for this young team. Anytime you see a group buy in and play for each other you get excited as a hockey fan, and Hartley as HC has to have played a major role in that. Excited for next year, hope they don't stop working.

johnnystormcgy

May 26, 2007
Couldn't be happier having Hartley as the coach, it feels nice to see a team with that hard-working, team first mentality not seen since Sutter was behind the bench.

JulianHopper*

Bob Hartley

Good no nonsense type of coach and good for the rebuild. Brian Burke had a lot of good things to say about him yesterday when he was on the Fan.

Good to have him back for another season.

fallsviewafro*

Coaching the right way: work ethic above all else and pissing off Torts.

AfricanHerbsman

May 4, 2010
Best news I've heard all year. Love this guy brought a totally fresh and winning style into our room. Torts nailed it yesterday. Vans room is stale and the oiler have embraced losing. I hope bob gets extended

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Love it.

I want to give some kudos to the rest of the coaching staff as well. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about guys like Marty from people in the organization. Hartley deserved a public vote of confidence and he got it.

As long as the team tries as hard as they do I honestly don't mind losing half as much. When we had as many close games as we did (49 one goal games?) I am a happy camper.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hartley also coaches an entertaining style of hockey, and I think he's a tremendous person in general.

Gelinas seems like a really good coach as well, he looks like he could still play. I really like our group, even Ward and co. are doing really well.

fallsviewafro*

Hartley also coaches an entertaining style of hockey, and I think he's a tremendous person in general.

Gelinas seems like a really good coach as well, he looks like he could still play. I really like our group, even Ward and co. are doing really well.

No, you're wrong. Hartley is a gutless puke and has a VERY EXTREMELY LONG history of doing scummy things. I mean I can't list any of them or prove them whatsoever, except that one time he iced his 4th line to start a game, but yeah.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
No, you're wrong. Hartley is a gutless puke and has a VERY EXTREMELY LONG history of doing scummy things. I mean I can't list any of them or prove them whatsoever, except that one time he iced his 4th line to start a game, but yeah.

Dude, he argued against Byron getting gang-pummelled in the corner while Sedin was injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad