Bob Cole player misidentification thread

HabsRealist

Jul 23, 2009
Cripes missed that, dont get than one. I think he has called Gally Bourque 15 times, he is dislexic on the number 2.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Desharnais = Gallagher

Bourque = Galchenyuk = Pacioretty

Subban = Bouillon (and I think Diaz once??)

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
Pierre has been pretty bad as well. He also calls icing when the linesman clearly calls it off screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Jmac1160*

Yeah! Lets rag on an 80 yr old legendary announcer. Way to go boys :handclap:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Best I'd him correcting himself 30 minutes later when no one knows what he's talking about anymore.

Jmac1160*

He was great back then, especially the last Stanley Cup call. But now he's senile and shouldn't be there.

Still calls a good game. Still gets me into the game more than any other announcer. Every announcer messes up. Not as much as cole but I can tell who has the puck and I just giggle at cole when he gets the name wrong. People here take it way too serious

HabsRealist

Jul 23, 2009
I dont care how old he is, just how good.

If I cant work at 80, people wont let me. He is CBC, our employee, and I think we should expect competence.

Jmac1160*

I dont care how old he is, just how good.

If I cant work at 80, people wont let me. He is CBC, our employee, and I think we should expect competence.

If you need an announcer to tell you who has the puck then get your eyes checked...so ****ing morbid

HabsRealist

Jul 23, 2009
I think he just called all 3 guys on a line Pacioretty. Pacorietty passes to Pacioretty, shoots, pacioretty tries for the rebound.

It was 3 different guys ! Actually a different poster is right, this is hilarious. There must be a drinking game here ???

HabsRealist

Jul 23, 2009
Love the response JMAC.

Since you responded to the thread, does that make you

The impervious all powerful Emperor of the NOOBS.

Think so.

Hilarious.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
If you need an announcer to tell you who has the puck then get your eyes checked...so ****ing morbid

By that logic, why have commentators at all?

It's not just that Bob Cole gets the names wrong. He just doesn't get me into the game nearly as much as he used to. He sounds so unexciting now. There's no energy there.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Sens fan, I come in peace. Good series guys.

Cole is possibly the worst play by play guy, in the history of microphones. Apparently Gonchar doesn't play for the Sens anymore. It's always Karlsson this, Karlsson that. Nnever Gonchar.

Best moment to me came earlier when it was "And now, Karlsson gives the puck to Gonchar, they're paired together right now" *Gryba holding the puck, Gonchar the other defenseman*" :shakehead

HABitual

Mar 1, 2002
Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Visit site
Now you know why he was moved out of Leafland. His play-by-play is nothing short of embarrassing. I will only restart watching Habs on CBC, after they fire Cole and replace him with someone competent which should not be difficult.

HABitual

Mar 1, 2002
Kirkland Lake, Ontar
Visit site
Sens fan, I come in peace. Good series guys.

Cole is possibly the worst play by play guy, in the history of microphones. Apparently Gonchar doesn't play for the Sens anymore. It's always Karlsson this, Karlsson that. Nnever Gonchar.

Best moment to me came earlier when it was "And now, Karlsson gives the puck to Gonchar, they're paired together right now" *Gryba holding the puck, Gonchar the other defenseman*" :shakehead

:shakehead

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Thought another poster was kidding, but Cole is 80 years old !!

Only at CBC .
As far as I'm concerned, he can keep calling games until he's 180. Best in the business. Don't care if he mispronounces names... The great Harry Carrey was the same. Just enjoy it. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. Cole is a legend and I'll be really sad when he's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad