Dragon-logo--web.jpg

China Dragon

Coach: Art Ross

Johnny Bucyk – Henri Richard (C) – Bernie Geoffrion
Dean Prentice – Gilbert Perreault – Rick Middleton
Craig Ramsay – Pit Lepine – Frank Finnigan
Camille Henry – Thomas Steen – Owen Nolan

Spares: Rick Vaive, Cal Gardner, Ron Stewart

Ivan “Ching” Johnson (A) - Bobby Orr (A)
Jan Suchy – Barry Beck
Bob Armstrong – Red Dutton
Jerry Korab

Roy Worters
Tim Thomas

Power Play 1:

Camille Henry – Gilbert Perreault – Rick Middleton
Bernie Geoffrion - Bobby Orr

Power Play 2:

Johnny Bucyk – Henri Richard – Owen Nolan
Jan Suchy – Barry Beck

PK 1:

Pit Lepine – Craig Ramsay
Ivan “Ching” Johnson - Bobby Orr

PK 2:

Henri Richard – Frank Finnigan
Barry Beck – Red Dutton

vs.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Am I the only person who actually puts any stock into if the GM actually shows up in a series? VanI was largely, absent, true, but at least posting in other areas of the board - mark has been MIA for some time.

I actually had Greenville sweeping China for this reason. Otherwise, 87and71's point that it's better to just build your team and disappear has a lot of merit to it. I give a LOT of credit to GMs that show up.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
This was a matchup between 2 of my favourite teams this year.

I think Swamp Rabbits has the forward depth advantage and better match lines if the case would arise in this year's ATD.

China Dragon has the deadliest PP unit in the ATD, which I think very few teams in this year's could handle.

Two great teams, sad that one had to lose.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This was a matchup between 2 of my favourite teams this year.

I think Swamp Rabbits has the forward depth advantage and better match lines if the case would arise in this year's ATD.

China Dragon has the deadliest PP unit in the ATD, which I think very few teams in this year's could handle.

Two great teams, sad that one had to lose.

Their pointmen are great, but their forwards are not so great

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Their pointmen are great, but their forwards are not so great

Arguable of course but maybe you're right since he has better forwards on the 2nd unit. I guess he wanted to balance them(?)

The teams with lack of good PKers would struggle but not sure there are any teams left with big holes.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I've been observing every series Jarek. Why would I iniate a debate with an experience gm like vanislander with me being ranked ahead of him. It would be up to him largely to sway voters.

Trust me I'll be around in future series.

Ps. Lol at Jarek giving vanislander the sweep because he posted in other series. Some excellent logic being used in context.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Am I the only person who actually puts any stock into if the GM actually shows up in a series? VanI was largely, absent, true, but at least posting in other areas of the board - mark has been MIA for some time.

I actually had Greenville sweeping China for this reason.
Otherwise, 87and71's point that it's better to just build your team and disappear has a lot of merit to it. I give a LOT of credit to GMs that show up.

I don't understand this, neither GM posted in this series. If it's a situation where one GM is making arguments for his team and the other GM is not saying anything then I understand giving credit to the active GM. I don't at all see how posting in other series threads should matter. For all we know he is reading every series thread closely and voting.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

I actually had Greenville sweeping China for this reason. Otherwise, 87and71's point that it's better to just build your team and disappear has a lot of merit to it. I give a LOT of credit to GMs that show up.

I just vote for the best teams..

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I've been observing every series Jarek. Why would I iniate a debate with an experience gm like vanislander with me being ranked ahead of him. It would be up to him largely to sway voters.

Trust me I'll be around in future series.

Ps. Lol at Jarek giving vanislander the sweep because he posted in other series. Some excellent logic being used in context.

Meh. This is the kind of thing I don't much care for in the ATD.

I don't understand this, neither GM posted in this series. If it's a situation where one GM is making arguments for his team and the other GM is not saying anything then I understand giving credit to the active GM. I don't at all see how posting in other series threads should matter. For all we know he is reading every series thread closely and voting.

VanIslander at least gave the appearance of being around. The post above by mark is the first post by him around here since.. probably before the regular season rankings were released.

I just vote for the best teams..

Which in turn gives GMs who don't bother posting incentive to continue to do that. Just my opinion.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

VanIslander at least gave the appearance of being around. The post above by mark is the first post by him around here since.. probably before the regular season rankings were released.

Which in turn gives GMs who don't bother posting incentive to continue to do that. Just my opinion.

You're kind of pissing on the integrity of the ATD if you voted for a sweep against Mark's team, a top 5 team this year IMO.

If' Gm's dont want to post in their own thread, that is completely fine.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
You're kind of pissing on the integrity of the ATD if you voted for a sweep against Mark's team, a top 5 team this year IMO.

If' Gm's dont want to post in their own thread, that is completely fine.

The way I view it, a GM not showing up would be the equivalent of a superior team losing to an inferior team due to lack of effort. I rate participation extremely highly in the ATD. It is one of the core tenets of it IMO.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010

The way I view it, a GM not showing up would be the equivalent of a superior team losing to an inferior team due to lack of effort. I rate participation extremely highly in the ATD. It is one of the core tenets of it IMO.

You should worry more about your own series.

If anything it gives GM's more incentive to build a top 5 team so they have the luxury of not having to prove otherwise in the first round or two.

VanIslander could have not voted for all you know. I was asked to do one thing and that was evaluate every series and vote, which I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad