Bob Cole Division Quarterfinals: (4) Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. (5) Tupelo T-Rex

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
50d4bf294b796c1f38aff4c61e69b2a7.jpg

Greenville Swamp Rabbits

coach Jacques Demers

Bert Olmstead - Newsy Lalonde (C) - Alex Maltsev
Gordon Roberts - Norm Ullman - Bill Mosienko
Sid Smith - Patrice Bergeron - Alexander Mogilny
Ed Sandford - Edgar Laprade - Ed Litzenberger (A)
Tommy Dunderdale, Harry Hyland

Alexander Ragulin - Eddie Shore
Doug Wilson (A) - Drew Doughty
Randy Carlyle - Jean-Guy Talbot
Craig Ludwig - Craig Hartsburg

Glenn Hall
Riley Hern

vs.

TUPELO T-REX

latest

Head Coach: Claude Julien
Captain: Jean Beliveau
Assistant Captains: Doug Gilmour, Alf Smith

Wayne Cashman - Jean Beliveau - Jari Kurri
Dany Heatley - Jean Ratelle - Alf Smith
Patrick Marleau - Doug Gilmour - Odie Cleghorn
Brian Rolston - Doug Jarvis - Johnny Peirson

Marcel Pronovost - Al MacInnis
Leo Reise Jr. - Sylvio Mantha
Bill Hajt - Teppo Numminen

Jiří Holeček
Harry Lumley

Spares:
Rick MacLeish, C
Pud Glass, F
Steve Duchesne, D
Reggie Fleming, LW/D

POWERPLAY

PP1: Dany Heatley - Jean Beliveau - Jari Kurri
Al MacInnis - Marcel Pronovost

PP2: Doug Gilmour - Jean Ratelle - Odie Cleghorn
Brian Rolston - Teppo Numminen

PENALTY KILL

PK1: Doug Jarvis - Brian Rolston
Bill Hajt - Sylvio Mantha

PK2: Doug Gilmour - Jari Kurri
Marcel Pronovost - Al MacInnis​

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
This is gonna be a tough one to decide. Good luck fellas! Hopefully we'll see a few words for this one.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
This is gonna be a tough one to decide. Good luck fellas! Hopefully we'll see a few words for this one.

I think they're all gonna be close. The parity this year was quite excellent. The Hewitt division in particular is very powerful.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Best of luck, VI.

I'll be back this week to explain why I think fifth place was a disappointing finish for the T-Rex, and how they can find their way into the next round.

Wondering who is in charge of defensive assignments on Greenville's forward corps, three waves of offense Tupelo will roll constantly will be a tall order to try and limit the damage they are capable of.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Velociraptor, your team was a quality one.

It probably went to 7 games because of the play of the Tupelo first line: Cashman - Beliveau - Kurri. That was a well-built line. MacInnis on the powerplay from the point has to be effective. And third line center Gilmour was likely a game hero once or twice.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th line wingers and third pairing might have been an Achilles' heel, and/or if it became a goaltender's duel, Holecek might have been just a bit less stellar in this match-up.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Personally, I thought that Tupelo's 1st line LW is worse than either of the wings on his 2nd and 3rd line.
A Cashman and Heatley comparison is apples and oranges, a hard-working role player who digs pucks out of corners and plays aggressively versus a loosy goosy puck-weilding scorer.

Cashman at the very least can play a valuable role on a winning team whereas I don't think I'd draft Heatley except as an extra skater.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Best of luck in the next round, VI.

I'm sorry my activity completely faded, it was pretty sporadic during the draft also. I run a mock draft in the other forum and have hardly had enough time to coordinate that due to being in a state of chaos with school and work.

I hope I'm able to find more time to devote to the ATD in the future, or I'll unfortunately have to be a spectator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad