OT: Boardies 2022 - The Mika Zibanejad Vegan Award for funniest poster

Who is your funniest poster of the 2021-22 season?

• will1066

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Tob

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • EdJovanovski

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • SA16

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • sir avgaard hockey professor

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Bob Richards

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Loki Dog 74

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Thirty One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • duhmetreE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
So not very long?

Call me a renegade, but I’m seeing a lot of “legacy” votes this year; you guys wouldn’t still vote Weber and Chara for Norris, would you? What you did last season doesn’t matter homies.
Lol what? Bob is the funniest person here. Thirty One is the funniest but falls off my list due to inactivity.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Lol what? Bob is the funniest person here. Thirty One is the funniest but falls off my list due to inactivity.

Nah, realistically Will is the only genuinely funny every day poster who doesn’t have an assumed persona and “schtick” as early described. I know it’s not a popular opinion, but as far as folks who are super active and have a balance between humor and actual discussion go, he ought to be the runaway here.
9EE485FA-877B-419A-B128-F9AAB6420DB4.gif

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
So not very long?

Call me a renegade, but I’m seeing a lot of “legacy” votes this year; you guys wouldn’t still vote Weber and Chara for Norris, would you? What you did last season doesn’t matter homies.

I really hope I’m Weber in this.

Yeah I know hes on LTIRetirement but that sounds kinda cool and it would be awesome if there was an HF equivalent to his cap recapture charge. Like if I finally log off for good then the Predators board gets DDoS’d forever or something.

I don’t want to be chara because he’s too tall and every time he puts on his socks it must be like pulling a pillowcase over a trombone.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Nah, realistically Will is the only genuinely funny every day poster who doesn’t have an assumed persona and “schtick” as early described. I know it’s not a popular opinion, but as far as folks who are super active and have a balance between humor and actual discussion go, he ought to be the runaway here.
View attachment 560772

Thanks, dude. I don't take things too seriously. I think that's the key to board longevity. Not only good board advice, but for life also.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Thanks, dude. I don't take things too seriously. I think that's the key to board longevity. Not only good board advice, but for life also.

It would be hard to get by if you took it all too seriously. But there are posters who only post ironic, sarcastic or “on brand” responses - who are funny, but don’t stray outside of their mode - and then there are everyday members who are conversational, participate in genuine discussions consistently and are just all around humorous and display a great sense of humor. “Having a brand” on a message board we post on for free seems a bit contrived. Just being funny by virtue of being yourself is far more valiant, in my worthlessly humble opinion.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
This award to Tob is like Lidstrom in his prime with the Norris. It's his until he decides to retire

Oh and Bern NEEDS to be in this list. If you don't see him as one of our top comedic talents, you don't have a sense of humor!

Of course @will1066 & @EdJovanovski , glorious additions in their own right as well. Can't go wrong with this list. Everyone is awesome

Last edited:

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I really hope I’m Weber in this.

Yeah I know hes on LTIRetirement but that sounds kinda cool and it would be awesome if there was an HF equivalent to his cap recapture charge. Like if I finally log off for good then the Predators board gets DDoS’d forever or something.

I don’t want to be chara because he’s too tall and every time he puts on his socks it must be like pulling a pillowcase over a trombone.

All kinds of connotations with "pillowcase over a trombone."

Reactions: Bob Richards

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Just being funny by virtue of being yourself is far more valiant, in my worthlessly humble opinion.
You are selling yourself short, your opinion is worthlessly proud.

Maybe I am not paying much attention, but that dude that came out during the playoffs constantly talking about his erections seemed to be the most overtly schticky poster that tried to be funny. The other personas seem to be more in the angry mold.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
You are selling yourself short, your opinion is worthlessly proud.

Maybe I am not paying much attention, but that dude that came out during the playoffs constantly talking about his erections seemed to be the most overtly schticky poster that tried to be funny. The other personas seem to be more in the angry mold.

Was that the lubricated nipples guy?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Im waiting for @Machinehead to come in and correct us with "gimmick" instead of "schtick" -- because he's pro-pro wrestling parlance.
I think schtick is to gimmick as yard is to mile.

"You can't see me" is a schtick; the doctor of thuganomics is a gimmick.

And also I love John Cena and I will get in a fight about it. His performance as One Night Stand 2006 is the best crowd work in WWE history.

Reactions: will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad