OT: Boardies 2022 - The Mika Zibanejad Vegan Award for funniest poster

Who is your funniest poster of the 2021-22 season?

• will1066

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Tob

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • EdJovanovski

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • SA16

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • sir avgaard hockey professor

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Bob Richards

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Loki Dog 74

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Thirty One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • duhmetreE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
And also I love John Cena and I will get in a fight about it. His performance as One Night Stand 2006 is the best crowd work in WWE history.
I have no clue about 2006 One Night Stand, but trust you.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would say, you have no idea how important this is to me considering how little else I have but I think you already know.

I thought Sir Professor was going to creep up on you. But now can sigh in relief, lol.

Reactions: Tob

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Tob Wins Funniest Poster Award, Cements HFNYR Status

Tob has won the Mika Zibanejad Vegan Award for funniest poster in HFNYR's 2022 Boardies, with the victory putting an end to speculation over whether the poster would close his account and leave forever.

"No, I'm staying," declared the first 2022 Boardies winner. "In fact, I'm never leaving now. You have no idea how important this is to me considering how little else I have."

Tob finished with 28.8 percent of the voting, defeating sir avgaard hockey professor's 18.8 percent of the tallies. Will1066 finished third in the voting.

"Tob deserved this win," said sir avgaard. "My weird, nearly incomprehensible rants were just part of my schtick to be funny," he said. "Now that the funniest poster has been declared, I am going back to posting my thoughts normally about hockey and life in general."

Tob joins an illustrious group of funny posters that includes ThirtyOne. "Welcome to Valhalla," ThirtyOne said. "Well deserved," added Tob superfan Boris Zubov. "May he live forever."

Not everyone was amused by Tob's victory. "My condolences to all involved in Tob's future endeavors," quipped Irishguy42.

Amid the laughter and some tears, Loki Dog 74 offered all of HFNYR an important lesson: "It would be hard to get by if you took it all too seriously. But there are posters who only post ironic, sarcastic or 'on brand' responses -- who are funny, but don’t stray outside of their mode."

He continued, “'Having a brand' on a message board we post on for free seems a bit contrived. Just being funny by virtue of being yourself is far more valiant."

The post drew a minute-long standing ovation not seen since John Brancy sang the national anthem at Madison Square Garden.

Other contests in the 2022 Boardies are ongoing, including the Christopher James Kreider Award for most knowledgeable poster, Filip Chytil Surprisingly Long Tenure Award for best board veteran and Artemi Panarin Award for nicest poster. Meanwhile, SnowblindNYR is projected to win the Jacob Trouba Headshot Award for angriest poster by a landslide once again. SnowblindNYR has never lost that award.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad