OT: Boardies 2022 Official Commencement and Discussion

Should there be an investigation for voter fraud?

• No

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Also no but with cheese

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Thank you all again for participating and capping off a season that I really enjoyed.

Below are all of your winners with some thoughts.

The Alexis Lafreniere/Kaapo Kakko award for best new/young poster - @GENESISPuck94

When they were nominated I was like "they're a rookie???" and I actually had to go and check. Feels like they've been here for years. That's quite an impression.

The Jacob Trouba Headshot award for angriest poster - @SnowblindNYR

This was not close! While Snowblind has his moments, this victory is a bit of a running gag and I think it's a testament how much Snowblind is a part of the family. Plus, he hates goalies like I do!

The Mika Zibanejad Vegan award for funniest poster - @Tob

Tob is dedicated to the craft, finding the humor in anything, win or lose. It's a long season, and our comedians are at the front lines of sanity. Well deserved.

The Filip Chytil Surprisingly Long Tenure Award for best board veteran - @nyr2k2

nyr2k2 pulls out a close race and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. This was his board back when I joined in 2011 and he'll be somebody I always look up to no matter how old I get or how many posts I rack up.

The Christopher James Kreider Nerd Award for most knowledgeable poster - @RangerBoy

Another landslide and another one well-earned. RB knows more about the cap than I know about my house. The offseason is starting, so he's just entering his crunch time now.

The Artemi Panarin Award for nicest poster - @Ginger Papa

I think it's fitting that my only thoughts here are a gif
giphy.gif

Very Honorable Mention - @Leonardo87

Although he didn't snag an award and that was kind of the way it broke, he had top 5 finishes in multiple categories and was probably our most complete candidate. He has really developed into one of our top posters and I'm proud of him. It wouldn't HFNYR without you, Leo.

And finally,

The Adam Shesterkin Award for HFNYR Most Valuable Poster - @Edge

If there was any more proof needed, here it is. Edge, if you're out there, these people care about you. I know it's tough sometimes, but if you find yourself in the right place, come home big guy!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Although he didn't snag an award and that was kind of the way it broke, he had top 5 finishes in multiple categories and was probably our most complete candidate. He has really developed into one of our top posters and I'm proud of him. It wouldn't HFNYR without you, Leo.

come-to-me-come-here.gif

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I should get something for the most nominations, and coming close to the top in voting for all of them. 4 nominations!
MVP (5th), Best Young Poster (2nd), Funniest (3rd) & Nicest (2nd)
And I do demand a complete & total forensic audit of this sham of an election!

GingerPapa who defeated me for Nicest, isn’t even a natural born Ranger citizen. He’s an illegal from the Canucks board! A wolf in sheeps clothing gaining intel on us through getting on our good side via cheap mass likes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you all again for participating and capping off a season that I really enjoyed.

Below are all of your winners with some thoughts.

The Alexis Lafreniere/Kaapo Kakko award for best new/young poster - @GENESISPuck94

When they were nominated I was like "they're a rookie???" and I actually had to go and check. Feels like they've been here for years. That's quite an impression.

The Jacob Trouba Headshot award for angriest poster - @SnowblindNYR

This was not close! While Snowblind has his moments, this victory is a bit of a running gag and I think it's a testament how much Snowblind is a part of the family. Plus, he hates goalies like I do!

The Mika Zibanejad Vegan award for funniest poster - @Tob

Tob is dedicated to the craft, finding the humor in anything, win or lose. It's a long season, and our comedians are at the front lines of sanity. Well deserved.

The Filip Chytil Surprisingly Long Tenure Award for best board veteran - @nyr2k2

nyr2k2 pulls out a close race and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. This was his board back when I joined in 2011 and he'll be somebody I always look up to no matter how old I get or how many posts I rack up.

The Christopher James Kreider Nerd Award for most knowledgeable poster - @RangerBoy

Another landslide and another one well-earned. RB knows more about the cap than I know about my house. The offseason is starting, so he's just entering his crunch time now.

The Artemi Panarin Award for nicest poster - @Ginger Papa

I think it's fitting that my only thoughts here are a gif
View attachment 562572

And finally,

The Adam Shesterkin Award for HFNYR Most Valuable Poster - @Edge

If there was any more proof needed, here it is. Edge, if you're out there, these people care about you. I know it's tough sometimes, but if you find yourself in the right place, come home big guy!

The only award I'm nominated for is the only award that isn't a positive one.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only award I'm nominated for is the only award that isn't a positive one.
I think our angry people are the most valuable. They keep the Rangers in check.

I should get something for the most nominations, and coming close to the top in voting for all of them. 4 nominations!

GingerPapa who defeated me for Nicest, isn’t even a natural born Ranger citizen. He’s an illegal from the Canucks board! A wolf in sheeps clothing gaining intel on us through getting on our good side via cheap mass likes.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph

I'm already anticipating your landslide victory in the Vitaly Kratsov "I Told Ya The Future is Now" award, after our SC championship run next year.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I'm already anticipating your landslide victory in the Vitaly Kratsov "I Told Ya The Future is Now" award, after our SC championship run next year.
I’m seriously going to be heralded as a genius by this entire website when he shatters all of Gretzky’s records. Just imagine if he actually is as good as I’ve said he’d be, would be kinda hilarious

Reactions: Tob

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Just wanted to make a comment on the season in general. It was great. But the post-merging business really deflated my enjoyment somewhat.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is there an award for the guy who has to counter-post every post that doesn’t agree with his or her initial post? The Lias Andersson Runway Boss Award, I’d call it.

Just wanted to make a comment on the season in general. It was great. But the post-merging business really deflated my enjoyment somewhat.
Really the only black mark on the season. Besmirched !

Edit: How ironic…this post was merged.

Reactions: will1066

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
you guys make me feel like i am not doing it right,
i don't much differentiate among most of us,
i do know the prospect/Pack guys, an area i follow and rely on HFB for
... and the guys fixated on singular players such as Nieves or Krav [YKWYA]

Ad

Upcoming events