GDT: BOA : Oilers (46-24-5) @ Flames (34-36-5) 8PM MT

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I feel like I forgot how assists work.

If McDavid passed it to Bouchard, and he then passed it to Nugent-Hopkins, who then passes it back to Bouchard . . . How does McDavid get an assist? Basically Bouchard had the 2nd pass.
"Additionally, if a player passes the puck to another player who then completes a give-and-go with a different player for a goal, the player who made the pass that set up the goal gets the primary assist, and the player who passed to the eventual goal scorer before the give-and-go took place gets the secondary assist. This is essentially because assists are to be awarded to the last (up to) two players of the scoring team who had possession of the puck before the eventual goal scorer had possession and ultimately scored, regardless of whether that eventual goal scorer had possession at any time in between the two other players. This also means that possession of the puck can go from and in between the eventual goal scorer and eventual assist getters an unlimited number of times, and this scoring standard will still be applied. The no change in team possession guideline still applies to these particular cases."

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
"Additionally, if a player passes the puck to another player who then completes a give-and-go with a different player for a goal, the player who made the pass that set up the goal gets the primary assist, and the player who passed to the eventual goal scorer before the give-and-go took place gets the secondary assist. This is essentially because assists are to be awarded to the last (up to) two players of the scoring team who had possession of the puck before the eventual goal scorer had possession and ultimately scored, regardless of whether that eventual goal scorer had possession at any time in between the two other players. This also means that possession of the puck can go from and in between the eventual goal scorer and eventual assist getters an unlimited number of times, and this scoring standard will still be applied. The no change in team possession guideline still applies to these particular cases."

Thanks, very clear now. This has nagged me for a long time lol

Reactions: flames23

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
No better way to break our 6 on 5 drought than to score against the Oilers. Come on!

Nevermind, I think Markstrom is going to score before we ever tie a game with the EN.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I just can't stand anything about Kadri's game and hope he is off the team next year

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
V80s.gif

Meh. Better team lost tonight. Would've been nice to beat the oilers as always, but it's an important zero points.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
POS Bieksa just said when Anaheim played Calgary, it was POS Corey Perry's job to just hack the shit out of Gaudreau.

Well, have a good rest of the weekend everyone. F the Oilers.

Anyone getting a good view of the eclipse on Monday?
I'm on the path of 100% totality. 2:30 est.
Niagara Falls is expecting 1 million people and they're closing down half the city.
I don't know how the heck that's going to work out. Traffic and the QEW main highway is going to be just mayhem.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Now Scott is telling us to continue the tank.

He is on tonight!

omg, Leslie's Conroy impression is *chefs kiss*

• Haha
Reactions: Boomstick

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
POS Bieksa just said when Anaheim played Calgary, it was POS Corey Perry's job to just hack the shit out of Gaudreau.

Well, have a good rest of the weekend everyone. F the Oilers.

Anyone getting a good view of the eclipse on Monday?
I'm on the path of 100% totality. 2:30 est.
Niagara Falls is expecting 1 million people and they're closing down half the city.
I don't know how the heck that's going to work out. Traffic and the QEW main highway is going to be just mayhem.
I'm fairly jealous you'll be able to watch if you so choose. Over here we will only get 28% or so coverage. Lemme know how the complete darkness feels happening like that.

Thanks, very clear now. This has nagged me for a long time lol
Happy to help. I knew give and gos didn't preclude the original passer his due, but wanted written evidence.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Huberdeau comes to Calgary and his game goes back to major junior. What is he doing with these passes for the love of god
He has nothing else. Very one dimensional.

All they have to do is get him a prime Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad