Player Discussion: Bo Horvat

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Didn’t see this thread so I figured I’d start it

I’ve been so very, very pleasantly surprised this year. Last year guy seemed to be a floater which scared the crap outta me.

His creativity, moves, and shot are really showing out this year though and I love what I see so far

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
A very good hockey player with lots of different tools. Not at the top tier of players but certainly one you can win with.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
A very good hockey player with lots of different tools. Not at the top tier of players but certainly one you can win with.
go ahead, hate on me, but imagine dealing Pageau-Pulock for Tavares, like Lou would have made that move last night after Overtime.

Almost dollar for dollar.

Just for theater - who says no?

How good would this team look:
Holmstrom - Horvat - Barzal
Lee - Tavares - Palmieri
Engvall - Nelson - Wahlstrom/Fasching
Gauthier/Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

I want to see it FOR THE THEATER, I need to work for the WWE maybe.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
go ahead, hate on me, but imagine dealing Pageau-Pulock for Tavares, like Lou would have made that move last night after Overtime.

Lee - Tavares - Palmieri

SNL might be the better fit

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

Lee - Tavares - Palmieri

I wouldn’t do it. Pretty sure he has a full no trade clause anyway. Also don’t think “the kid that won the Calder” would like it.

Reactions: redbull

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

Lee - Tavares - Palmieri

Yup, "Hard Pass"

Reactions: redbull

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
He’s a great hockey player. Seems to do everything at least at an average level.

Still baffled how he was so invisible in the CAR playoff series now that he’s been so solid.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Checking in to see how Bo is doing for the Islanders. He’s a good solid kid. We could only keep one of he or JT and I like both guys. He’s a good citizen. I haven’t followed along much. Is he playing with Barzal all the time? Bo is a good player but I think if he had a bit more Jarome Iginla in him he’d be a top end guy. Taking the puck hard to the net and playing with more edge. He’s as. strong as a bull. He can actually fight too. Just needs a bit more anger.

Reactions: Potvottier

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Lee - Tavares - Palmieri

I think Dobson’s become as good as he has been lately because of Pulock. And lets not forget Pulock elevated his game against Carolina and was the team’s best defensemen that series.

Tavares would be an expensive luxury and is a loser in the sense that he plays a very individual game where he is the center of his universe.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey guys. How's Bo been doing? Has he looked as good as his numbers show? Haven't caught any Isles games yet except for the one against us lolololol. Happy that he's putting up some points.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey guys. How's Bo been doing? Has he looked as good as his numbers show? Haven't caught any Isles games yet except for the one against us lolololol. Happy that he's putting up some points.

He's been very good, he has formed a real Wonder Twins connection with Barzal. Isles fans have been clamoring for a running mate for Barzal forever and Bo finally looks like the one to fill the spot.

He had the off-season to get settled on Long Island and it shows.

Reactions: Potvottier and TMI

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Checking in to see how Bo is doing for the Islanders. He’s a good solid kid. We could only keep one of he or JT and I like both guys. He’s a good citizen. I haven’t followed along much. Is he playing with Barzal all the time? Bo is a good player but I think if he had a bit more Jarome Iginla in him he’d be a top end guy. Taking the puck hard to the net and playing with more edge. He’s as. strong as a bull. He can actually fight too. Just needs a bit more anger.
He has fixed the PP and has played very well. Can't say enough about the intangibles he brings to the table.
Miller looks like he is killing it.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
He's been very good, he has formed a real Wonder Twins connection with Barzal. Isles fans have been clamoring for a running mate for Barzal forever and Bo finally looks like the one to fill the spot.

He had the off-season to get settled on Long Island and it shows.

I love him

Awesome! Great to hear. Glad you guys are enjoying him. 😊

Reactions: Potvottier and MJF

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He's been an 8.5M per AAV player this season so far. I wouldn't be surprised if he has another gear in the goal scoring department.

Reactions: Abradolf Lincler

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He looked a little banged up there at the end of the game. Hope he's okay.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I'm glad to see Bo playing so well down the stretch it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that the second half of last season was just him adjusting to the team, He has always had a knack of playing well when it counts most.

Reactions: MJF

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
I am more than happy with Bo. He plays hard and smart. Wicked shot. Competitor. Great passer. Backchecks. Great hockey sense.

I don't know how good a leader he is off ice, but he is great one on the ice.

If LL can manage to find another one like him, for the upcoming season, I would be thrilled.

Reactions: leeroggy

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
At first I didnt know what the big deal was -- kinda like Ryan Smyth -- wasnt sure where his strengths were..

But he gives the Isles exactly is needed. Someone who can finish a play. He can score.. something sadly needed...

Reactions: The Lighthouse

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I am more than happy with Bo. He plays hard and smart. Wicked shot. Competitor. Great passer. Backchecks. Great hockey sense.

I don't know how good a leader he is off ice, but he is great one on the ice.

If LL can manage to find another one like him, for the upcoming season, I would be thrilled.
He needs to find the defenseman version of Horvat.

Someone that comes to mind is Vince Dunn out in Seattle, if that team isn’t going to be seriously competing for a Cup over the next three years, does it make sense to re-up him upwards of 8M per into his 30s?

If I was the GM of the New York Islanders (which I’m not but should be), I’d be looking at acquiring more of a gamebreaker on the backend (like Dunn), and then I would be moving Pelech while he is still highly regarded as a shutdown defenseman around the league.

Romanov is closer to Pelech than he is Leddy/Toews which is what the back end needs. Not even mentioning George who is in the exact mold as Pelech and a better skater (voted 2nd best PKer in his conference this season by OHL coaches).

Dunn + George in -> Pelech out. Obviously you’re probably looking at a 1-2 year stop gap before George is ready, but that should be the long term play. Pelech is on the downswing…

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad