Recalled/Assigned: Bo Horvat sent to Utica on conditioning stint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 1m1 minute ago
No Nux morning skate but likely healthy scratches Bo Horvat and Ryan Stanton plus suspended Alex Burrows on the ice. #Canucks

Via twitter

Pap seems to think Horvat will be a healthy scratch.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Keep the winning coming, bring stanton in when we lose a game. I don't see it the end of the world like many people here do.

It shows confidence in the players who are playing, and also puts them on edge to perform well.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Scratching Stanton in favour of Weber and Sbisa is pretty ****ing stupid if he's ready to hit the ice.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Scratching Stanton in favour of Weber and Sbisa is pretty ****ing stupid if he's ready to hit the ice.

For whatever reason, Sbisa is playing better hockey with Weber than Stanton and Weber is also playing great. Sometime you don't mess with a winning line-up even if it means a better player is sitting out.

Also Weber can play on the 2nd PP unit, Stanton can't (nor is he a RHS). I guess you could make the argument of Stanton > Sbisa but at the same time Sbisa has been playing very good hockey and even contributing a bit offensively. :laugh:

Basically you really can't go wrong playing Stanton/Sbisa/Weber right now, which is a good thing. I would just follow the saying of don't fix what isn't broken. The only change i might make is get rid of Sestito in favor of Horvat than Burrows since the winning streak started with Burrows in the line-up.

LolClarkson*

https://twitter.com/TSN1040/status/527850394517798912

Horvat staying for the full two weeks. It sounds like he'll be back on Sunday for the home game vs Nashville.

Castro-Swing-Miss.gif

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'd have to imagine there's no way he isn't in next game. Very interested to see what we do with the entire bottom 6.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 2m2 minutes ago
Nux GM Jim Benning also says Tom Sestito has upper-body injury and that Bo Horvat will make his NHL debut Tuesday. #canucks

BoHOnino

Oct 19, 2008
Vancouver
Papp got it wrong, the Canucks tweeted out lower body out indefinately for Sestito.

Either way, I'm excited to see Horvat play tomorrow.

Ah that adds up then haha

I am excited for Bo as well, I think he has the ability to be a real boon to this team, and could really make a good impact at the NHL level. I like the way he plays the game, its something I think the Canucks have needed more of over the last few years

btdvox

Jul 5, 2013
Vancouver
I think this team needs Bo.

His speed seems to have gotten better this year, he's killer on the dot and defensively a boon.

If he can produce a bit this year than I think he stays on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad