Rumor: Bo Horvat All Purpose Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I will apparently be the CBJ fan that says in a deal for a signed BH, I would put Sillinger in there...

Then the figure is how to turn our 1st plus a couple prospects/NHL wingers into a true 1C in the draft...

I would also be happy to trade Sillinger for a (reasonably) signed Horvat. Don’t think much else needs to be added, other than cap. Sillinger+Roslovic seems fair.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I would also be happy to trade Sillinger for a (reasonably) signed Horvat. Don’t think much else needs to be added, other than cap. Sillinger+Roslovic seems fair.
So Sillinger (who isn't worth Horvat on his own) plus a cap dump (lowers Sillingers value) is fair? That's not better than someone saying KJ + 1st for Horvat. Neither are realistic.

Roslivic turns that B- or C+ prospect into Ceulmans. Sillinger + Ceulmans + 2023 2nd +Roslivic for a signed Horvat.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sorry man, that's straight homerism...Sillinger is very much still a prospect, so a + will be necc...I believe it's totally worth a solid +...not Corsen...but a C+/B- prospect and a 2nd more than likely
I would agree in a vacuum. But for a rebuilding team like Columbus, the fact that Sillinger is young and cheap adds a significant amount to his value here. The Jackets just aren't in a position to trade away top prospects or high picks.

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sillinger is not good enough to get a signed Horvat. I understand he has a ton of potential, but Horvat simply holds the value between the two. There is 100% a + to Sillinger if he is the main piece in a signed Horvat deal.

Sorry man, that's straight homerism...Sillinger is very much still a prospect, so a + will be necc...I believe it's totally worth a solid +...not Corsen...but a C+/B- prospect and a 2nd more than likely

However you characterize Sillinger, the Jackets just don't have enough reason to do that. If that's the ask just walk away.

Canucks should go talk to some other team. Seriously. This isn't going to be a match.

Reactions: Crede777 and Viqsi

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
So Sillinger (who isn't worth Horvat on his own) plus a cap dump (lowers Sillingers value) is fair? That's not better than someone saying KJ + 1st for Horvat. Neither are realistic.

Roslivic turns that B- or C+ prospect into Ceulmans. Sillinger + Ceulmans + 2023 2nd +Roslivic for a signed Horvat.
I could be agreeable to that...

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
My favourite part of trade rumours is when a teams fans say "we'll never do that". "Pick x or prospect Y is off the table period". "No chance we give anything like that, instead we'll offer [insert failing players they spend months trashing here] and that's more than fair value"

And then a trade happens where any of the above they don't want to give is actually given or a comparable or better package is given elsewhere. IE; Copp isn't worth that, until he was.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The Jackets aren't acquiring a UFA to be center. There will obviously be a re-sign if he's going there.

Sillinger might be involved but i highly doubt there will be any + to that. And if the Canucks balk at that, that's fine. They can send Horvat to the Avs for a couple late 1sts.
How about we(avs) trade for him the. Trade him to y’all in the off-season for A 7th

My favourite part of trade rumours is when a teams fans say "we'll never do that". "Pick x or prospect Y is off the table period". "No chance we give anything like that, instead we'll offer [insert failing players they spend months trashing here] and that's more than fair value"

And then a trade happens where any of the above they don't want to give is actually given or a comparable or better package is given elsewhere. IE; Copp isn't worth that, until he was.
What about all the times they aren’t traded there was chatter if I remember right the avs wanted hovrat last year by didn’t wanna give up byram

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I would love Boston to somehow pull this off. There's left over anger with the fan bases but I'd hope that's not a problem with front offices. I'm thinking Carlo plus. Though he's loved in the room and the union rep, would be a tough hit there. But he's also a big top 4 D on a good contract. It just happens that Mac fits with Grz and Lindholm with Clifton so he's on the third pair this year. Through no real fault of his own. And he bounced back from his last concussion.

I'm reality I think there's good friction there with team needs and strength. Bruins likely add a bit + needing some retention but I could see both teams walking away sad yet happy. Aren't those usually the best trades?
Carlo + ? Yikes… hovrat is a low end 1c,

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Probably the convo:

JR as Allvin sits in a corner taking take out orders for JR: "We have interest in some of your assets, would you move it for Horvat?"
Jarmo: "We will not trade our first"
JR: "Ok but are you interested in Horvat?"
Jarmo: "Yes we are, who wouldn't be? But I am still not moving my first"
JR - *leaks it to Canucks media because he loves to do that sort of thing and has a track record of it*

HF BOARDS - COLUMBUS AND CANUCKS TALKED!!!!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
if a signed player is what you're after why not go after JT Miller who is from Ohio.
trouble.gif

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
What about Sillinger + Bean...I feel that has a solid base...I like Bean, but with the kids breathing down the pipeline, CBJ need to start weeding out some players

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
What about Sillinger + Bean...I feel that has a solid base...I like Bean, but with the kids breathing down the pipeline, CBJ need to start weeding out some players
I don't think Jake Bean is tradable while he's out long-term with an injury. Also wouldn't give up on Sillinger yet.

Roslovic, Marchenko, one of Peeke/Ceulemans and a 2024 first with top five protection seems reasonable for an extended Horvat, although I don't know if CBJ would even need to give up that much as it seems to be far more than what any team could comfortably offer.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Seravalli on the Halford And Brough show this morining mentions that Van and CBJ have been talking for a while but he cant quite confirm which players either team is interested in. He speculates that Columbus would be a very intriguing landing spot for Horvat.

Peeke and Ceulemans would definitely be players that Van would have interest in.

Thoughts?

Friedman in radiot hit has now also confirmed that CBJ and Van are in deep talks.

My guess

To CBJ: Horvat, 2024 2nd round pick
To Canucks: Nyquist, Foudy, Sillinger, 2024 1st round pick

Horvat signs a 8 year x 8m per contract

Reactions: D0ctorCool

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
My guess

To CBJ: Horvat, 2024 2nd round pick
To Canucks: Nyquist, Foudy, Sillinger, 2024 1st round pick

Horvat signs a 8 year x 8m per contract
Would rather give up Marchenko + one of Peeke/Ceulemans than Sillinger. Don't want to bank on the draft lottery to find our long-term 1C, and Horvat is more of a good 2C in the long run.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Would rather give up Marchenko + one of Peeke/Ceulemans than Sillinger. Don't want to bank on the draft lottery to find our long-term 1C, and Horvat is more of a good 2C in the long run.

Vancouver won’t want Marchenko. They don’t need wingers.

Sillinger+Roslovic/Bean is a good base.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Isnt Sillinger potential 2c though?
Yes, the idea is to have both.

Otherwise we're banking on one (or both) of these:
1) KJ being a center
2) Getting one of Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson in the lotto

If neither of those things happen, Cole becomes our long-term 2C (and short-term 3C behind Boone).

If one of those things happens, Cole becomes a luxury at 3C, and Boone moves to his natural LW spot.

If both of those things somehow happen, Cole becomes expendable.

CBJ can put together the best package without including KJ, Jiricek, Sillinger or the 2023 first.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Vancouver won’t want Marchenko. They don’t need wingers.

Sillinger+Roslovic/Bean is a good base.
Just said this above, but moving Sillinger in a deal for Horvat solves the 1C issue (somewhat) but opens up a long-term hole at 2C, unless you're really confident in Boone's back being healthy, KJ being a center or a 2023 lotto win.

I'd sooner give up Peeke or Ceulemans instead of Sillinger and add something else. Something like:

one of Peeke/Ceulemans
one of Roslovic/Marchenko
one of Del Bel Belluz/Svozil
2024 1st (top 5 protected)

That lets you roll Horvat - Jenner - Sillinger - Kuraly down the middle. That's not bad at all given how deep we are at wing.

Jake Bean has zero value while injured and Roslovic's value is a bit low right now (although VAN apparently wanted him this summer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad