Bluth Discussion Thread PT 9: Wrapping It Up Edition

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
ecstatic to pick up Backes and with my D and G depth following the FA period.

however I will be making a move for an 80+ dman, check the lineup thread for more

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Montreal signed an 84 overall player to a 2 year contract below the minimum 3 years required for a player at his overall.

What should I do about this? The rules were clear.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Montreal signed an 84 overall player to a 2 year contract below the minimum 3 years required for a player at his overall.

What should I do about this? The rules were clear.

Ban him from free agency for the entirety of the league muahahahahahahahahahaha..... im sorry rules are rules

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Struck out on D in free agency (but signed the ever important Jonathan Cheechoo). So, anyone who has D to spare, I'd be willing to move someone along the lines of Steve Downie or David Desharnais to acquire a d-man. I could POSSIBLY consider moving Rene or Gabriel Bourque or Richard Panik if the dman is good enough. Looking for preferably an offensive or two-way defenseman.

cbenini87

Jan 25, 2012
Advance to the season tonight!!!! Anybody who had plan b's would be on now

Agreed. There's nothing great left, honestly it should be one crack to sign FAs, if you're not satisfied with what you got, the FA list is still available during the first week of the season, u can make offers there.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
complete and utter brainfart on the duration of the Backes contract, especially considering I suggested the restrictions I definitely did not skirt them on purpose.

sorry guys!

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I will let the public make their decision on the Backes debacle, only because we gave one exception to St. Louis, and neither deal was an egregious disregard for the rulebook.

I'll also advance now and let people go nuts during the season for free agents.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
not to mention, this is what was posted here:

84 (which Backes is) is not >84, it is in fact 80-84.

Stockey, as much as I appreciate him being incredibly helpful during this offseason, was not the commissioner when he made that post, so you cannot take his interpretation on what the rules were as anything but speculation. I posted two different times the correct rules as commissioner of the league, as well as a league announcement on the Xbox league news page.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Oh I thought you were advancing to the season, I meant to wait on that till later...to advance further into july/august why not

What is the issue with having people put in free agent offers at the beginning of the season? None of them are going to make an impact that matters enough for us to wait at this point.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
As I said, it was a bit of a brainfart on my part, but as you said, mine was not an egregious error, Backes is not really a superstar and it's not like I underpaid due to the years thing. Not to mention we are forgiving St. Louis/Jokinen. I will sign gladly be forced to sign him for another year.

Also, the more you mention the lack of need for a 'plan b period' the more I agree, advance that!

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Stockey, as much as I appreciate him being incredibly helpful during this offseason, was not the commissioner when he made that post, so you cannot take his interpretation on what the rules were as anything but speculation. I posted two different times the correct rules as commissioner of the league, as well as a league announcement on the Xbox league news page.

why not just make/force him keep backes for a 3rd year, he is not allowed to trade or let him go once the contract is up and must sign him an additional year?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
why not just make/force him keep backes for a 3rd year, he is not allowed to trade or let him go once the contract is up and must sign him an additional year?

I was planning on making him signed for a third year. I could even extend that to a fourth for interest, as well as an NTC.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I was planning on making him signed for a third year. I could even extend that to a fourth for interest, as well as an NTC.

i honestly feel like we dont have that many sesaons left in us, prob two max till nhl 14 comes out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad